The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Good weekend for Virtanen. I'm sure he's just happy to be playing in games again. I am stoked that there's a chance McCann and Virtanen will both play for team Canada at the WJC, plus Horvat could be there as well.

Scary thing about Virtanen is he will only get better as he gets more and more games. That hit was huge. I want to see Kassian and Virtanen on the same line eventually, if Kass can put it all together they could be a really scary line to play against.

I was probably one of the few people who actually wanted the Canucks to draft him, I was very excited when they did!

I don't know about few. I seem to recall a good number of us.

Given Benning/Linden's comments on what they were looking to draft, Virtanen was the pretty obvious choice short of say a Draisaitl etc dropping to us. Fast, big, gritty with a great shot. Plays like a skilled junk yard dog. What team wouldn't want that? Being a home town boy was icing on the cake.

Nylander etc will likely become talented players but it was always a pretty remote chance we were drafting them before Virt. And I'm not sure what it is but my Spidey senses are raising up red flags about Ritchie. Something tells me he's going to be a lot more Pyatt than say Nash.

Edited by J.R.
  • Upvote 1