The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

On 7/16/2018 at 5:28 AM, alfstonker said:

We know fine WD was TOLD to play Larsen so that JB could see what he had. We were desperate for a puck moving D and JB wanted to see if Larsen was the answer. This did no harm as Tryamkin thought he could treat the Canucks like a pub team, turn up out of condition, and still command a place in the team.

Pub team? that's rather harsh. It was JB's fault? Oh that's right WD's sh%$ don't stink in your and his little love world. Marry the guy already.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Pub team? that's rather harsh. It was JB's fault? Oh that's right WD's sh%$ don't stink in your and his little love word. Marry the guy already.

I think you make a valid point, this thread is covered with guys who might be better proposing to Tryamkin and declaring their undying love. The way I look at it, at least I'm not defending a flaky, self entitled, guy who felt the Club should run to his beck and call.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, alfstonker said:

I think you make a valid point, this thread is covered with guys who might be better proposing to Tryamkin and declaring their undying love. The way I look at it, at least I'm not defending a flaky, self entitled, guy who felt the Club should run to his beck and call.

No, you are defending a coach who is no longer a member of the Canucks since he was fired for not doing a good enough job. And you are repeatedly putting down a player who is still a Canucks property, will be for years to come, and who all indications are will be playing for the Canucks again in a couple of years.

Unless he reads too many posts from guys like you and decides he would rather play somewhere he is more welcome.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

No, you are defending a coach who is no longer a member of the Canucks since he was fired for not doing a good enough job. And you are repeatedly putting down a player who is still a Canucks property, will be for years to come, and who all indications are will be playing for the Canucks again in a couple of years.

Unless he reads too many posts from guys like you and decides he would rather play somewhere he is more welcome.

Aw jee imagine if that happened. It would prove without a doubt what many people have said about him.

Unfortunately Jimbo (who I am a big fan of) was either firing Willie or himself - what would you do?

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

It's always a guarantee coming to the Tryamkin thread that one will get a new dose of Willie apologetic.

Well it breaks the monotony of Tryamkin apologetic threads. Jeez 235 pages and no sign of a return.

As for me I can't wait to see how he will react to TG when Travis tells him to make Marchand's life a misery. 

Polarizing player, brings out strong opinions on both sides of the question.  IMHO, Tryamkin had two rounds of exposure to what would be expected as an NHL player.  First with the prospects development camp where he may not have been in top condition as evidenced by rumours of how he struggled with the Grouse Grind.  He would have been told then at the end of camp that he would need to up his conditioning, he likely would have been provided with a workout and nutrition plan.  Second opportunity was the first season when he came for the last few games after the KHL season was done.  He wasn't in fantastic condition even after having played a full season, again at the end of the year he would have been educated on what was required to be improved, he would have been provided with a workout and nutrition plan to help him prepare for the next season.  It's on him that he then came to camp not in top condition.  

To then say he didn't get prime ice time is problematic, he was a relatively unproven rookie, and didn't earn prime ice time.  His deployment increased as his conditioning increased.  Not sure he should have surplanted our more experienced D (Tanev, Edler) in deployment in his first season.  He made rookie mistakes which was to be expected.  

That he chose to return to Russia and play in the KHL is his decision, based on whatever factors were influential, be they family, a desire to be on more familiar ground, an opportunity to play more minutes without having to work as hard at conditioning?  His choice.  To try and lay the blame at the doorstep of the Canucks management doesn't seem reasonable.  His situation is no different than what we all encounter in the work world.  One doesn't always click with their supervisor.  It's a choice we make whether to stay because we see opportunities ahead that we like, or we leave because we think the opportunities available elsewhere better suit us.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I am not disagreeing with you that WD wasn't the coach for the Canucks or that he didn't resonate with this player but I still don't think Tryamkin running back home with his tail between his legs was any fault of the Canucks.   It is on a player to suck it up if you want to play in the best league on the planet.   He was a raw rookie - he had not earned the right to dictate things like who his coach was let alone have an opinion.   Irrespective of what CDC did or didn't do/question (do you honestly think that matters?!), this is all on the player.    Even moreso since the coach was removed showing the player that even a microgram of patience would have been rewarded.

No matter how much you want to spin this there is a fact you seem to be missing - EVERY player that gets to professional hockey will have coaches that don't work for them.   The players that run back home and quit on a coach are the ones who don't make it.   The ones who stay the course outlive coaches all the time.

You keep asking questions of me you better ask WD as I cannot answer what was in his head.   I didn't think he was a good choice for the Canuck's coaching job but neither was he without credentials and skills.   He ended up being a poor fit for the state of the franchise and particularly poor for some players but that does not justify ANY player turning and running back home.

Bottom line - if Tryamkin had manned up and really wanted to be in the NHL, he would have stuck around and took his chances against the big boys.  

In the bolded is the pure crap.

He is a free man, in a free world.

Zepp, you flip flop quite a bit on this WD issue..  Desjardins made an issue of Tryamkin..  Nik did nothing of the same.

If Green has been here a year early, I doubt if Nik would have left.

The kid can do what he wants as long as he lives up to his contractual obligation. 

He is an outstanding player regardless of where he plays.

All this blow hard crap about men and boys Zepp,  is so disappointing. Times have changed,  you can go back to your locker full of Guy Lafleurs cigarette butts..  young players need to be handled differently these days, and the Canucks Brass learned that one, valuable lesson from Desjardins.. that I will give him.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

In the bolded is the pure crap.

He is a free man, in a free world.

Zepp, you flip flop quite a bit on this WD issue..  Desjardins made an issue of Tryamkin..  Nik did nothing of the same.

If Green has been here a year early, I doubt if Nik would have left.

The kid can do what he wants as long as he lives up to his contractual obligation. 

He is an outstanding player regardless of where he plays.

All this blow hard crap about men and boys Zepp,  is so disappointing. Times have changed,  you can go back to your locker full of Guy Lafleurs cigarette butts..  young players need to be handled differently these days, and the Canucks Brass learned that one, valuable lesson from Desjardins.. that I will give him.

You are probably right if we lived in a perfect world but that is not the reality of life. :)

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

LOL.   How do I flip flop?   WD is a good hockey man but clearly was the wrong coach at the wrong time for the Canucks.   Where have I said differently?   Flip flopping would mean I have said WD was worst coach in Canuck history one week and then said they may a massive mistake in firing him.

I hate playing this card but I will as you won't stop - you are not looking at this like a player does or would.   Any player who wants to be in the NHL, particularly in their rookie year, would never turn their back on a shot at NHL just because they didn't like a coach or a coach hurt their feelings.   ANY player.  This has nothing to do with the "time" (I bet I am much younger than you, and I am still young enough that people I played with all the way up are still in professional hockey as players) but everything to do with the reality of professional sport.   Tryamkin cannot control who his coach is but he could control whether he really wanted to be in the NHL.   He ran away - yes RAN AWAY from a situation versus sticking it out and showing that he belonged.   

The "Canuck Brass" did not learn anything close to what you are implying.  NOT A HOPE they ever let a raw rookie dictate who plays and how the coach makes decisions.   Not a hope.   Perhaps if Tryamkin was a first overall pick and a generational talent with maturity that didn't include running away from a challenge, then perhaps they would listen to input but only listen under "advisement" with no promises.

You can keep trying a narrative here all you like, simply fact is that is not how it is in the game of hockey, not how it is going to be and wasn't anything here other than a player that simply gave up on himself no matter how you want to spin this.    Talk to ANY player who has played the game - call up your station there when Bertuzzi is on and ask about being a rookie and whether he would have left due to a coach he didn't like.   

Not sure what you have invested in this kid and for his sake, I hope he gives it another shot but if it isn't this year I don't think it ever happens for him, but whatever your personal stake in this is, you have a false narrative going and it seems to be eating away at you.    The fact that Tryamkin is in Russia is on one person only - Tryamkin.   It has as much to do with WD as it does with you or the phases of moon.....any of those are just excuses to not face a challenge.

One of the 2 was fired,

the other decided to go back to a league that he could get more ice time. he averaged 22mins a night to better himself, become Captain of his team, and draw the eye of his National Squad to be listed and play.

Nothing wrong with the decision,

hopefully, we may still reap the rewards of Nik knowing what Is best for him,. and not Rob Zepp’s feelings. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

One of the 2 was fired,

the other decided to go back to a league that he could get more ice time. he averaged 22mins a night to better himself, become Captain of his team, and draw the eye of his National Squad to be listed and play.

Nothing wrong with the decision,

hopefully, we may still reap the rewards of Nik knowing what Is best for him,. and not Rob Zepp’s feelings. 

Uh, ok.    I hope he gets his poo together too and mans up and tries again as well but I doubt very much he cares about my feelings on the subject.   Clearly you don't either.   :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

If you're not here to fluff the Willie, he has one message for you...

giphy.gif

WD has nothing to do with Tryamkins actions. He called WD "normal" while he said a coach who he didn't even know a "good guy(?)" How is that for BS?

I'm afraid people like you and SS are so butthurt about Tryamkin's decision to leave you have to blame it on someone I guess. 

Was it not Lidster who ran and coached D? So does that not mean Lidster would ultimately decide TOI?

It doesn't really matter, all most of us know is the Canucks "made" the player who went back to star in Russia. He must have also thought his improved game would warrant an Olympic place. (it must have been a shock when he wasn't selected - to his massive ego at least) 

Some people think that was actually one of the reasons that tilted him in favour of going back because he knew NHL players were excluded.

22 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

What about people like me HW that didn't think WD did a good job and still blame Tryamkin for his own decisions?   If a rookie quits because of a coach, whether that coach be WD or Keenan or Scott Bowman, it is on that kid and not the coach.   There isn't a player in the NHL that didn't have a coach at one point that they didn't align with and there isn't a rookie who didn't feel under used and/or misunderstood etc. etc.   

Tryamkin was a kid who had some definite upside but needed to decide if he really wanted to be here and he decided to go home.   He (or anyone else) blame the coach, ice-time or anything else they want to blame but fact is he was a rookie in the NHL and as shown for every rookie, as I did above for Shea Weber, they have to earn things and not expect them.   It is not up to a rookie to compare himself and decide he is misunderstood or held back.   It is up to a rookie to bust his assets, man up and come back next season even more ready to make an impression.    The Canucks did their part and changed coaches - Tryamkin decided on an easier path.

I think the problem with your posts is this juvenile, "man up, tail between his legs, run home", etc., tone.

He made a decision, for his own reasons, and we all have to live with the consequences.

Your points are well made, just get rid of the (imo) unnecessary derogitories.

I want Tryamkin back in a big way (pun intended) and anything that can help, like extending open arms, offering a second chance, and starting from scratch with a clean slate should be offered to help his transition back to the team, and assist him gaining management's and his teammates' respect.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1