The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

1 minute ago, numb3r 16 said:

It's pretty self explanatory if he advances... Frozen four is between April 6th-8th, Canucks last game is on April 9th unless Brock signs his elc and flies to Vancouver to play on the 9th you should be able to answer the question for your self. 

#rekt

Just now, numb3r 16 said:

It's pretty self explanatory if he advances... Frozen four is between April 6th-8th, Canucks last game is on April 9th unless Brock signs his elc and flies to Vancouver to play on the 9th you should be able to answer the question for your self. 

Yes, but will Boeser sign to play in Utica, when it does not burn the year?  I think it's better for him (and us too) he goes to Utica regardless, but will he want that?

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Yes, but will Boeser sign to play in Utica, when it does not burn the year?  I think it's better for him (and us too) he goes to Utica regardless, but will he want that?

I love how annoyingly persistence. It has taken me years to develop that skill but you look so young!

3 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Guys.. watch the video referenced, jesus. He says off the top that if Boeser's team doesn't advance the Canucks would be ok signing and burning a year.

Which I think is a horrible idea.

He's not going to prove anything on this team right now. The teams done.

Sign him to an amateur tryout for Utica and let him play some meaningful hockey at a level he's probably more suited for right now.

Edited by DeNiro

3 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

lets sign him in the summer then so we can take advantage of his 3 years of entry level.

Or, we throw him a bone here, so he doesn't decide NOT to sign and then take advantage of his option to go UFA next summer...?

Edited by D-Money
  • Upvote 2

Offering to burn off a year of his entry level contract early might be a good way of coercing him to sign.

At the end of the day, if he's due for a big raise after his entry level is up, that likely means he'd done pretty well.

At this point I just want him to be signed.

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

Or, we throw him a bone here, so he doesn't decide NOT to sign and then take advantage of his option to go UFA next summer...?

It wouldn't be next summer, it would be summer 2019 that he would be UFA. 

"They didn't just sign me so I can burn a year off my ELC... Naw forget this franchise man" ... I don't know, I just can't see it happening. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Stelar said:

Why are we really all that worried about burning a year.  I get that our season is done but let's get the kid some NHL games as a taste, send him to Utica for playoffs and be ready to go next year.  

To my understanding he can't do both.  He either signs a PTO with utica or signs with the Canucks to burn a year off his ELC. 

I'm not 100% sure on this. However if this is the case i know what rout it be taking if I was Boeser. And it wouldn't involve the comets this year haha. If that's what he wants we have to give it to him as he holds all the cards really.

If Boeser signs now and burns a year off his ELC it could be good for the cap space....in 2 years he could be worth 3-5 million for say 5 years but in 3 years he could be worth 4-7 million for 5 or more years.  Look at Horvat if we had signed him last year to a long term contract he might have taken 3-4 million and now he is worth north of 5 M. on a long term deal.

• Upvote 1

The point is kinda moot. He's 20 years old now so the 27-7 ruling comes out in the wash (he will be a UFA at 27 regardless if he burns this year or not, I believe).

So because of his college past we, as long as he doesn't Vesey out, have exclusive negotiating rights with him until he is 27.

You can make a sound argument that he is likely to be a lot cheaper to sign after 2 years + 1 game of pro experience at the age of 22 then at 3 years of pro experience at the age of 23 and averaged out it is actually a bargain for us. And if he lights it on fire and forces our hand to pay him bank then that is a very nice problem to have.

16 hours ago, Odd. said:

Comets are gonna need all the help they can get. Labate, Gaunce, possibly Chaput and Megna coming over as well as Boeser would help Utica significantly. 

Well established that only Gaunce, LaBate and Goldy the only Canucks papered for AHL play.

12 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Well established that only Gaunce, LaBate and Goldy the only Canucks papered for AHL play.

I always thought players signed after their college/junior seasons were eligible as well? Or is that PTO's only? 

Megna and Chaput are understandable since they weren't waived on the deadline day like Gaunce was. 

Edited by WonderTwinPowers

1 hour ago, Gooseberries said:

To my understanding he can't do both.  He either signs a PTO with utica or signs with the Canucks to burn a year off his ELC. 

I'm not 100% sure on this. However if this is the case i know what rout it be taking if I was Boeser. And it wouldn't involve the comets this year haha. If that's what he wants we have to give it to him as he holds all the cards really.

You are correct.  To play for Utica, he has to sign an ATO/PTO and he can't play NHL games and his elc stays at 3 years.  Obviously that's preferable, not just for the Canucks, but Utica as well.  That said, its very doubtful that happens.

14 minutes ago, stawns said:

You are correct.  To play for Utica, he has to sign an ATO/PTO and he can't play NHL games and his elc stays at 3 years.  Obviously that's preferable, not just for the Canucks, but Utica as well.  That said, its very doubtful that happens.

If I'm Brock no way I'm signing a PTO. I want that cheddar baby 

1 hour ago, Scruffy05 said:

The point is kinda moot. He's 20 years old now so the 27-7 ruling comes out in the wash (he will be a UFA at 27 regardless if he burns this year or not, I believe).

So because of his college past we, as long as he doesn't Vesey out, have exclusive negotiating rights with him until he is 27.

You can make a sound argument that he is likely to be a lot cheaper to sign after 2 years + 1 game of pro experience at the age of 22 then at 3 years of pro experience at the age of 23 and averaged out it is actually a bargain for us. And if he lights it on fire and forces our hand to pay him bank then that is a very nice problem to have.

Leon Draisaitl is the perfect example for this. He played 37 games so the Oilers lost a year of his ELC (9 games) but because they sent him down at 37 games they didn't lose a year of his RFA status. Does anyone know why we would be burning a year of his ELC if he would be playing under 9 games is it because he isnt a Jr. player so we cant send him down to get the contract slide?