The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

6 hours ago, spook007 said:

Think we all like the flow, as he is nothing but a nice kid...

But not sure about dropping Beau instead of Brock, provided there are takers, and the return matches...

Beau has been lights out on Peteys line, and the 30goals we still hope Brock to reach, Beau will most likely reach in a full season on Peteys wing. I even think he'd do great on Millers wing as well...

Mika, Beau and Kuz would be 3 out of 4 great wingers for Petey and Miller. 

Its a tough call, and I guess the returns may determine a lot, but I would be enclined to keep Beau amd let BB and maybe Garland go to free up money for D improvements and/or pay rises....

Brock's a good guy, no doubt, and I'd rather keep the undersized, cap dump over BB. Haha. 

But as I was scouring NHL.com today, as much flak as Brock gets, here's an interesting stat: 

Boeser - 59 GP - 45 PTS 

Huberdeau - 66 GP - 46 PTS 

What did Calgary sign JH to? 10.5 mil a year? Wow. 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, BarnBurner said:

Brock's a good guy, no doubt, and I'd rather keep the undersized, cap dump over BB. Haha. 

But as I was scouring NHL.com today, as much flak as Brock gets, here's an interesting stat: 

Boeser - 59 GP - 45 PTS 

Huberdeau - 66 GP - 46 PTS 

What did Calgary sign JH to? 10.5 mil a year? Wow. 

Yeah they now have their own LE... maybe we can convince Lames that OEL is a superstar... :bigblush:

Brock is by no means bad... but the other he is up against are just more competitive... He tend to just drift out of the games, and I'd prefer somebody on Millers wing, that has a bit of snarl about them... and $6.6M for a third liner is too much it we want to contend.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

8 hours ago, spook007 said:

Yeah they now have their own LE... maybe we can convince Lames that OEL is a superstar... :bigblush:

Brock is by no means bad... but the other he is up against are just more competitive... He tend to just drift out of the games, and I'd prefer somebody on Millers wing, that has a bit of snarl about them... and $6.6M for a third liner is too much it we want to contend.

Podkolzin played very well with Miller last year.  I’d like to see them reunited next season. Mikheyev, Miller and Podkolzin could be a real solid second line. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...

Watching the postseason game 1's so far, the emphasis is speed, winning board battles, and ability to make good defensive reads + plays.

If Boeser wants to be anywhere near an effective player let alone in the playoffs, he needs to have a higher give a sh*t meter. Doesn't need to fight and hit, but his battle level needs to be wayyyy better. He seems to turn it up when the pressure is off and collects his empty calorie points. I still don't believe he should return but if he does, he needs to come with some fire in the belly. 

• Like 1

It does seem like Vancouver's committed to keeping him based off that last-minute burst of production.  With the family matters mostly behind him now, I expect Boeser to come into camp in good shape.  I don't know if that means not playing in Da Beauty or just doing more, but if he starts struggling in September he's gonna get traded.

• There it is 1

2 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

It does seem like Vancouver's committed to keeping him based off that last-minute burst of production.  With the family matters mostly behind him now, I expect Boeser to come into camp in good shape.  I don't know if that means not playing in Da Beauty or just doing more, but if he starts struggling in September he's gonna get traded.

Yep, this off-season is make-or-break for Brock. I know we all said this last year, but here we are again. He's still young, but Tocchet said all the Canucks need to be in better shape. If he could work on his skating and his wrist shot again he can be a real star. I'd rather not give up on him yet, he was almost a PPG in the last 20 games with Rick and that was without good conditioning. 

He can be a real star for us, I'd rather work with him than give up on him now. You see players break out all the time in the modern era with scoring so much easier, Brock is primed for it. That being said if he starts the season sloppy again, I'd be all for trading him. We've been very patient with him but I think he's going to explode next year. 

We don't really have any other guys primed for a big breakout next year - maybe Podkolzin, Hoglander...that's about it, everyone else is probably going to be quite steady.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Yep, this off-season is make-or-break for Brock. I know we all said this last year, but here we are again. He's still young, but Tocchet said all the Canucks need to be in better shape. If he could work on his skating and his wrist shot again he can be a real star. I'd rather not give up on him yet, he was almost a PPG in the last 20 games with Rick and that was without good conditioning. 

He can be a real star for us, I'd rather work with him than give up on him now. You see players break out all the time in the modern era with scoring so much easier, Brock is primed for it. That being said if he starts the season sloppy again, I'd be all for trading him. We've been very patient with him but I think he's going to explode next year. 

We don't really have any other guys primed for a big breakout next year - maybe Podkolzin, Hoglander...that's about it, everyone else is probably going to be quite steady.

Allvin and Tocchet have been pumping Brock up for months now. If PA has a deal cooking on BB it only adds to his trade value. If they think he can turn it around on the ice then that could work too. The exit interview must have been interesting. 

7 hours ago, Snake Doctor said:

This guy has been a bigger bust than Alexander Daigle. 

Not anyone I can think of compares to Daigle and his 12 million contract… in the early 90’s!! Number 1 pick that everyone expected to be the next star. I doubt anyone thought Boeser would be a big star player 

10 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Not anyone I can think of compares to Daigle and his 12 million contract… in the early 90’s!! Number 1 pick that everyone expected to be the next star. I doubt anyone thought Boeser would be a big star player 

maybe skip back a few hundred pages. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

Homer Laugh GIFs | Tenor............................ Oh wait....I thought he'd be a big star!!:unsure:

Edited by Captain Canuck #12
  • Haha 1

Wow, some of the hate that Boeser gets is ridiculous. The dude might be overpaid but that doesn't suddenly make him a bust. He was a late 1st round pick that has played almost 400 games by age 26 at a 0.78 PPG average. It's not like he’s Brendan Gaunce or Nick Jensen, what he's done is fantastic for a late 1st.