The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

1 minute ago, SekaniCanuck said:

Now we just have to find an elite left winger B)

Just need a complimentary guy. Boeser's a pretty dent play maker (and shooter) as well but that pair could use some speed, size, grit and a pure shooter.

UFA next year....

evander-kane.jpg

Future top 6 of something like:

Kane, Petterson, Boeser

Dahlen, Horvat, Virtanen

Petterson can set up both, Boeser can set up or shoot and Kane makes space for the other two and hammers pucks in net.

Boeser is showing well this preseason and had a good debut last season but I'm holding back my excitement for now.  It's hard not to be excited to see his talent on display so far though.

I think my main concern with Boeser is his health and durability over the long term.  He's not a small player by any means but things will pick up physically in the regular season and when he begins to be targeted by other teams.

Boeser's and Virtanen's performances this preseason have provided some hope for what will hopefully at least be entertaining hockey for the Canucks organization this year.  I still think that for waiver and asset reasons, management might send down at least one of them to start the season unless one of the fringe veterans has a terrible preseason (though I'm not including Boucher as a fringe veteran).  The expectation would be that they would be called back up for good once space is made for them however.

17 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

As much as I've been impressed by Brock's offensive game, still needs work on his defensive coverage and positioning in the Dzone.  Easier to learn, but I wouldn't mind him spending his first actual professional season down in Utica.

He has fared well this preseason so far, still lots to prove in the remaining preseason games.

Trent Cull postgame lauded Brock's offensive flare to the game, but admitted he still thinks Brock can improve defensively in positioning and coverage.

Both Boeser and Virtanen have impressed. I actually think Virtanen is more ready after his season in Utica. I do not have a problem with both starting in Utica. The priority is having a mental approach to the game which will allow them to compete with NHL regulars. How does Boeser deal with a stretch of 20 games where he does not score. Top that with a presstitute corp who stick a mike in your face postgame, every game, asking why he isn't scoring? Every Canuck fan should be excited about Boeser but the game is not all about ppg. The safe play is to send him to Utica for 20 - 25 games.

IMO Archibald has put a strong case forward. He will get a NHL contract out of his camp whether with Van or another org. He is a pro. Good for him! I would hate to lose him.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Boeser is showing well this preseason and had a good debut last season but I'm holding back my excitement for now.  It's hard not to be excited to see his talent on display so far though.

I think my main concern with Boeser is his health and durability over the long term.  He's not a small player by any means but things will pick up physically in the regular season and when he begins to be targeted by other teams.

Boeser's and Virtanen's performances this preseason have provided some hope for what will hopefully at least be entertaining hockey for the Canucks organization this year.  I still think that for waiver and asset reasons, management might send down at least one of them to start the season unless one of the fringe veterans has a terrible preseason (though I'm not including Boucher as a fringe veteran).  The expectation would be that they would be called back up for good once space is made for them however.

My biggest concern as well.  Added of course that ZOMG 4 goals in 9 games and a solid pre-season means he will be target #1 for Vancouver media and criticism.

I worry about burning this kid out in a losing season for his first pro year.

I sincerely don't think there is any loss with sending him to Utica for half the year or the whole season.  Un-popular opinion though it may be.

21 hours ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

Boeser should be a lock in the top 6 IMO. We lack goal scoring and he fills that need. No way guys like Megna or Chaput take a spot in the roster.

Megna and Chaput are in Utica regardless of where Boes ends up. He's in competion with Jake, Granlund, Vanek, Gagne, Burmistrov for a top 9 RW spot.

So how many goals do you guys think Brock can realistically score this season?

As much as I expect him to go on a few tears, I expect a few dry spells as well. It's his first full season, so we can't expect him to go through the whole season without a few dry spells.

That certainly doesn't mean he shouldn't be learning at the NHL level, as he's obviously an NHL caliber player. Just that fans need to be prepared for him to slow down at times this season. Just because a player is in the NHL doesn't mean he stops learning and growing as a player. 

10 hours ago, SekaniCanuck said:

Now we just have to find an elite left winger B)

10 hours ago, J.R. said:

Just need a complimentary guy. Boeser's a pretty dent play maker (and shooter) as well but that pair could use some speed, size, grit and a pure shooter.

UFA next year....

evander-kane.jpg

Future top 6 of something like:

Kane, Petterson, Boeser

Dahlen, Horvat, Virtanen

Petterson can set up both, Boeser can set up or shoot and Kane makes space for the other two and hammers pucks in net.

That would be nice. You have to consider that regarding the best top lines in hockey usually not all 3 players are "elite" so to speak. Usually one of them is just a great complimentary, plug in player that works hard and does their job. With that being said I'm all in for having a stacked top line when the time is right. 

Haha Evander Kane 

9 hours ago, reyezone said:

Wow. Brock has blown through the ceiling of what I had projected. This dude is a legit scoring weapon and seems to be getting better as his confidence increases. 

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎07 at 10:40 PM, N7Nucks said:

Not the best in interviews, but he seems like a genuinely good guy. I like him a lot. Really hoping to see him crack the opening night roster.

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎14 at 8:05 PM, N4ZZY said:

yeah. it's a pretty good time to be a Canuck fan. there's so many promising Canuck prospects in the pipeline, compared to just a few short years ago. The franchise has come a long ways since those dark years of several eras, not even just the Gillis era (in terms of drafting, and prospects in the pipeline). I'm excited about the future as well! 

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎15 at 8:32 AM, Alflives said:

Brock should be playing with the Twins!!!!!

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎17 at 4:33 PM, 48MPHSlapShot said:

So at what point can we say Boes is "kicking the door down"?

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎17 at 5:36 PM, tas said:

7 goals in 11 nhl games (incl. preseason) is ok, i guess. 

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎17 at 7:11 PM, Camel Toe Drag said:

Brock's netting 30 this year. The dude can literally score from anywhere. Oh ya, give him the Calder too. 

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎17 at 7:41 PM, redhdlois said:

He's made the team long before these past two games IMO.......they know what they have in him.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh babyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

That would be nice. You have to consider that regarding the best top lines in hockey usually not all 3 players are "elite" so to speak. Usually one of them is just a great complimentary, plug in player that works hard and does their job. With that being said I'm all in for having a stacked top line when the time is right. 

Haha Evander Kane 

Nope lets just go all out and get Svechnikov haha