The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

If .Boeser plays the season (mostly) with the Twins, he will win the Calder.  

It really doesn't matter if he plays with the Sedins (slowly declining) or on a line with Horvat and Baertschi (getting closer to their prime); as long as he looks comfortable playing in the top six getting top-six minutes with some powerplay time, he will be a strong candidate for the Calder Trophy. 

• Upvote 3

I think there is some extremely solid competition for the Calder. 

Dont get me wrong... Boeser looks amazing so far but I said it before about Chatfield and Ill say it here again.... the sample size is still small.  His development could falter, he may lose confidence, he may be overachieving.  I have little doubt he will be an important piece of our team, but lets try to moderate our expectations so we are happy he is in contention as opposed to upset if he isn't.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

The Sedins thrive best with puck hounds on their line. Burr, Hansen, Sutter in his short stint, Granny. Guys that'll attack and pick up the puck. Not sure Boeser is that guy. 

Probably take an injury (and Rodin some time to shake off 1.5 years of rust)...but I'd like to see him there at some point this year.