The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Montreal is "all in" looking to "go for it", want to add a forward

18 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

I said a player like Simmonds. And given Philly's struggles and their cap situation , Simmonds being available for the right package isn't out of the question. The point is Montreal will likely be looking for a player in that age range that fits with their core. Also. Who cares if Vrbata would sign an extension there? Why would Montreal extend a then 35 year old forward who seems to be on the decline for another year or two?  

If you want to believe Bergevin is desperate enough to mortgage the teams future for a rental then by all means. Carry on with your dream. I'm just saying that NOTHING that he's done during his tenure as GM of the Habs suggests he's willing to do so. 

Trading 1 prospect in an area you are fairly strong in does not leverage the future. Vrbata is a great player that can sit in top 6 role and move up and down lines 1-3 and be effective.

You seem to have this weird notion that he wants a contract to last more than 1-2 years. Price will be looking 8mil/season and Pacioretty will be looking 7ish. Vrbata fits the bill of someone to take now, sign a 1 year extension and then kick him to the curb and use his money on price/pac.

4 hours ago, Retinalz said:

EDM won't waste Eberle or Yalupov on that garbage trade. They want proven NHL ready Dmen. Tinordi is not that, and they don't need picks. EDM is likely looking at a way to acquire Hamonic.

Cute.  So...Vrbata is what?  A prize to be had then?

7 minutes ago, Retinalz said:

Trading 1 prospect in an area you are fairly strong in does not leverage the future. Vrbata is a great player that can sit in top 6 role and move up and down lines 1-3 and be effective

The thing is, their prospect pool isn't that deep on defence anymore. With Beaulieu, Parteryn and possibly Tinordi graduating they aren't left with any high end defensive prospects beyonfd Juulsen. 

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

The thing is, their prospect pool isn't that deep on defence anymore. With Beaulieu, Parteryn and possibly Tinordi graduating they aren't left with any high end defensive prospects beyonfd Juulsen. 

but their core d is young. and will be avail for a long time.

4 minutes ago, CanuckMan10 said:

Vrbata + 2nd for Juulsen + 4th

Maybe there is an even bigger deal in the mix.  Sending prospects and vets for a quality younger asset.  I could see Gaunce is an canadian's jersey.  Not that i want it to happen but i can see it.

Just now, Rush17 said:

Maybe there is an even bigger deal in the mix.  Sending prospects and vets for a quality younger asset.  I could see Gaunce is an canadian's jersey.  Not that i want it to happen but i can see it.

I realized right after I posted the cap doesn't work anyways. They only have 1.4M in space. Doubtful they'd want Vrbata anyways...

The Canucks need to get Vrbata back on a line with the twins asap. They need him scoring at a regular clip before the trade deadline. I think it's a safe bet he's going to get traded but his value has got to be low. At this rate I think the best the Canucks can hope for from Montreal is a B prospect and a 2nd. 

35 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

If they're all in they should be looking at Staal.

Why?

Staal would be redundant. 

Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Plekanecs..

I'm pretty sure Staal wouldn't want to be on the 3rd/4th line.

29 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Why?

Staal would be redundant. 

Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Plekanecs..

I'm pretty sure Staal wouldn't want to be on the 3rd/4th line.

You're joking right? Staal is 10x better than all 3 of those players and he is a playoff performer. Staal problem is he is stuck on a $&!#ty team.

16 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

You're joking right? Staal is 10x better than all 3 of those players and he is a playoff performer. Staal problem is he is stuck on a $&!#ty team.

Staal used to be better and there's no guarantee he'd go back to his previous form.

Sedins are on just as bad of a team, but they're still lighting it up, so the whole "stuck on whatever team" isn't that strong of an argument really.

3 hours ago, The Lock said:

Staal used to be better and there's no guarantee he'd go back to his previous form.

Sedins are on just as bad of a team, but they're still lighting it up, so the whole "stuck on whatever team" isn't that strong of an argument really.

Sedin's are not on just as bad as a team and they are the Sedin's; plural.  

Archived