The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Emerson Etem Could Turn Out To Be Huge

Luongo4life14

Hey like I have said before, I liked Etem when he was with the Ducks, and wanted him in the Kesler deal, but hey thanks to Trader Jim we ended up with him anyway!

This kid can skate with the puck and he has 6 playoff goals in 23 games. I am hoping him and shinkaruk can really light it up, who knows maybe he will turn Vey into a more offensive player. They have been making some nice plays in their time together. 

2 hours ago, smokes said:

Can I see Sedin-Sedin-Etem just for one game please I mean for crying out loud Dorsett?

Yeah. Would like to know Willie's logic behind that. 

He did say the other day, he would consider putting Burr back with the Sedins. 

Yesterday's game against the Capitals was messed up. Dorsett should NEVER. be on the 1st line. EVER.

...and Elder... 

Burrows has dried up as much as Higgins has, Vrbata isn't working out and Hansen is injured.

Hansen probably gets the call to play with the Sedins when he's back. 

Burrows, Vrbata, Higgins, Hamhuis and Edler should all be dispensed of at the deadline.

Edler doesn't want to move in so many ways I don't even know what to say. Put him on waivers and be done with it? I know that sounds ridiculous as Edler to another team is worth a pot of gold.

But damn his brain farts and his seemingly lethargic demeanor.

Yesterday was one seriously bad Edler performance.

Hopefully Etem does get a tryout with the Sedins.

17 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

To add to the discussion, I think that the addition of Etem, and his age (23) definitely gives the Canucks rebuild a push in the right direction and will speed things up particularly since Kassian (24) was a bust for the Canucks.  I really think that Etem really is replacing Kassian and not Higgins.

Very much agreed.  I think Etem plays the power game that they wanted but didn't get from Kassian.  Whether he has the pure skill that we saw in flashes from Zack is another question.  No doubt we'll have plenty of chances to watch how these two players evolve over the next couple of years.  I like Etem a lot, and was a die-hard Kassian supporter so I'm planning to enjoy this comparison. 

On 2016-01-14 at 1:34 PM, BLU3GR33NBL00D said:

Definitely a great aquisition and looks like he, at the very least, provides some fresh legs for this team and a chance he could add some offense and some flash as well.

If he ends up fitting in the lineup I'll throw his name up on my old Samuelsson jersey.

A little early to throw around the word 'great'!

1 hour ago, coastal1 said:

A little early to throw around the word 'great'!

That depends on how you view things. "Great" does not necessarily mean Etem will pan out. It could merely mean is makes great sense for us to do that deal regardless of the outcome. Therefore, I don't see how it's a little early to use a term like "great" on a trade that's already technically happened. ;)

Archived