The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

So happy to see him play well. You can see it dawned on WD to play Baer on the second line with 10 minutes left, after his previous linemates couldn't pot one after some beautiful setups. He's a real option for us in the playoffs, and you can see his diversity from a north south game to setting up plays of2f the rush. Can't wait to see him as a fixture on the second line, this season or next.

i want baer to give it to the flames.

hope he lights them up. i didn't get to see the game, but i'm encouraged by everyone else's comments about his game tonight. I know it's against Arizona, but last I checked, they're an NHL team with good players.

hope he gets into a rhythm of some sort against the oilers on sat.

when is the first game against the flames?

If we get behind and need goals I hope Willie moves Sven up to the Bonino line.

Sven-Bonino-Vrbata is going to happen next year.

I'd like to see them get started this year.

Sven won't be intimidated by the flames since he knows the players.

a wasted roster spot in my opinion, if they called him up, and just sat him in the pressbox. he's far too a vaulable player to be sitting. i think baer will suit up against the flames in the first round. you have a motivated player wanting to prove another organization wrong for the way they handled him. he'll be motivated. i think he starts, but WD will have a short leash with baer. he's not bad defensively, and he can create offensive chances. that's what you want from a young player like him.

i like kennins too. i think there's a way to keep both those players (for what they bring to the team - very different) in the line up. personally, i'd like to see matthias moved back to centre, and sit linden vey (not sure he can keep up with the physical play of the postseason..he plays like he's so small...). but knowing WD, he'll start vey regardless.

• Upvote 1

a wasted roster spot in my opinion, if they called him up, and just sat him in the pressbox. he's far too a vaulable player to be sitting. i think baer will suit up against the flames in the first round. you have a motivated player wanting to prove another organization wrong for the way they handled him. he'll be motivated. i think he starts, but WD will have a short leash with baer. he's not bad defensively, and he can create offensive chances. that's what you want from a young player like him.

i like kennins too. i think there's a way to keep both those players (for what they bring to the team - very different) in the line up. personally, i'd like to see matthias moved back to centre, and sit linden vey (not sure he can keep up with the physical play of the postseason..he plays like he's so small...). but knowing WD, he'll start vey regardless.

That's the only reason I see him playing, but reality is he will be benched because their is no chance in hell that Vey gets benched. Therefore this leaves only one player left to get benched. With a healthy line up I don't see Mathias benched either.

Edited by desiboynux4lifee*******

Have been pretty impressed by him from what I saw last night, but I'd rather he was back in Utica for now, gaining confidence and refining his game.

Unless we have injuries that make it necessary, let's wait until camp and see where he fits best.

• Upvote 1

If we get behind and need goals I hope Willie moves Sven up to the Bonino line.

Sven-Bonino-Vrbata is going to happen next year.

I'd like to see them get started this year.

Sven won't be intimidated by the flames since he knows the players.

Hopefully,WD puts that line together for the Oilers game tomorrow night...just to see how Sven plays with more skill guys...Although,it's still way to premature to say he'll be in the lineup when the playoffs roll around.

IMO really want to see what Baertschi can do against the flames but is he ready defensively for top 6 min?

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Baertschi Bonino Vbrata

Mathias Horvat Hansen

Higggins vey Dorsett

When Richardsson is healthy, vey has to come out

When Kassian is healthy Who comes out WD makes a tough decision about where Kassian goes- I wouldn't breK up the twins and burrows at this time.

When we are fully healthy, we have far too many tweener forwRds- we have like 10

Edited by Canucks Curse