The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

On 2018-05-19 at 4:45 AM, N7Nucks said:

To be fair pretty much anyone paired with Bo could probably vastly over perform. Kenins anyone? Who did Eriksson play with primarily in Boston? Bergeron or Krejci? His zone deployment was 50/50 pretty much in Boston, I assume he had a bit of a defensive role there as well. Maybe a Eriksson - Bo - Boeser line could do some real damage and reinvigorate Eriksson's offence. For whatever reason he didn't click with the Sedins but maybe Bo's two way, powerforward style could open up the ice for Eriksson. Clearly at the NHL level he thrives with two way centers. Probably too soon to throw Gaudette's name in the ring to bring up Eriksson's offense.

I was thinking today that Adam, Louie, Granlund might be a pretty decent line. Each one has something to prove. Markus and Louie are responsible and could let Adam cut his teeth. 

On 03/07/2018 at 1:00 AM, The 5th Line said:

I like Sven.  I really do see a 55-60 point 2nd line LW if he can stay healthy 

Agreed, it's all about staying healthy.  He's actually developed into a more complete player along the way.  He's really undervalued by many Nuck fans though.  Maybe he's not an elite 1stLW, but he's the best the team has right now.  I don't if he reaches 60pts, but he will score enough to be considered a very good 2ndLW.

A big season coming up for Sven; he really needs to show what he's got.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

If he can transition into a third line two forward when the rebuild is finished I wouldn't mind keeping the kid. 

Anyone remember all the drama when he was sitting alone on the plane or something? People thought he was an outcast on the team. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Like someone mentioned Baer would look really good on a contender’s third line. Maybe with the nucks in due time...

Suppose both Baer and Roussel are LW but would like to see them on a line with EP playing C. 

Watching some of EP's play-off games it was interesting to see when players would try to push him around, he pushed back.  He has some fight in him but I would still like to see some size on his line for the first season at least.

Edited by dpn1

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Got a hunch that Baertschi will play LW on the second line, with Pettersson and Sutter shuffling between center and RW at the start of the season. We might also see Leipsic with Brock and Bo as the top line. Just a hunch. 

I suspect Goldy gets the spot with Bo and Brock and Leipsic plays with Virtanen.  Those two seem to have some real chemistry and are speedy as hell.

• Upvote 1

I wouldnt mind JV riding shotgun for a bit with Bo and Baer to see if he can raise his game.  

Baertchi, Bo,  Virtanen

Goldobin , EP , Brock

Eriksson  Sutter Roussel

Motte Beagle  Leipsic

Archie, Schaller, Gagner

Edler Stech

Hutton, Tanev

MZD Gudbranson

Pouliot

Markstrom

Nilsson

• Upvote 1

On 6/25/2018 at 2:50 PM, -AJ- said:

I really hope we re-up Baertschi. With the loss of the twins, our offense is very weak and he helps it keep up a bit. While there are guys who could potentially take Baer's spot on the top line, it's risky to count on Leipsic or Pettersson when neither are particularly proven at the NHL level. Even if one of those kids can take up 1st line minutes and produce well, Baer would be great to have as a second line winger. Baertschi has a fair bit of leverage in this contract negotiation IMO, since we need the offense he provides, unless we can get it via the FA market from someone else for less.

well you hit the nail on the head did't ya?  

All around I would say he is heaps better than 90% of the forwards right now.

10 hours ago, snacaracci said:

I wouldnt mind JV riding shotgun for a bit with Bo and Baer to see if he can raise his game.  

Baertchi, Bo,  Virtanen

Goldobin , EP , Brock

Eriksson  Sutter Roussel

Motte Beagle  Leipsic

Archie, Schaller, Gagner

Edler Stech

Hutton, Tanev

MZD Gudbranson

Pouliot

Markstrom

Nilsson

I think Bo and Baer have shown pretty good chemistry and should stay together as you say. Boeser with EP also also looks good. Bo-Baer, EP-Boeser allows us to spread out scoring a bit. But I actually would like to see Virtanen with EP rather than Bo-Bear. With EP's accurate passing and Jake's skating, Jake may get a lot of breakaways. 

Virtanen-EP-Boeser

Baer-Horvat-Goldobin

Motte-Sutter-Eriksson

Granlund-Beagle-Schaller

Gagner

11 hours ago, khay said:

I think Bo and Baer have shown pretty good chemistry and should stay together as you say. Boeser with EP also also looks good. Bo-Baer, EP-Boeser allows us to spread out scoring a bit. But I actually would like to see Virtanen with EP rather than Bo-Bear. With EP's accurate passing and Jake's skating, Jake may get a lot of breakaways. 

Virtanen-EP-Boeser

Baer-Horvat-Goldobin

Motte-Sutter-Eriksson

Granlund-Beagle-Schaller

Gagner

I dont disagree.  I thought that Virtanen might be a strong compliment with EP passing, particularly the vision for the stretch pass.    Either way, im excited to watch this group.  Expectations are low but this is the development of the young players we all wanted to see.

• Upvote 1