The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

On 11/13/2018 at 5:03 PM, 73 Percent said:

I like you. You contribute alot to this board but your sources suck ass.

He tried, it didn't work.   How does that suck ass?    Part of the protocol is to give things a try.   

PS - in this case, the "suck ass" guy works for Canucks so he will enjoy that description for sure.   LOL.  

2 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

He tried, it didn't work.   How does that suck ass?    Part of the protocol is to give things a try.   

PS - in this case, the "suck ass" guy works for Canucks so he will enjoy that description for sure.   LOL.  

If he even exists. Pretty easy for you to post false sources and go back on them.  2 times in a row now.

Very hockey insiderr if you.

4 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

If he even exists. Pretty easy for you to post false sources and go back on them.  2 times in a row now.

Very hockey insiderr if you.

Well, he exists in his own mind....I guess that is where we all exist.   :lol:

I could post anything I want - I choose to post stuff I hear in any form I hear it.   Was told Sven tried a skate - heard later his result wasn't good afterwards.   /story.    Not much more can say than that.   

I am more of an outsider than anything else save for those I know/met along the way who care to share.   When they do, and I know it is harmless and not "insidery", I often share herein.   Take it or leave it.   No skin off mine.   Cheers   :)

49 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Lol classic crazy guy on an internet forum pretending he has sources.  This has happened numerous times now, since when is trolling allowed?

Since Eklund came online a decade ago. I'll give Robbie the benefit of the doubt.. for now ;) 

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Very Concerned for Baer's health. Not skating yet and not on the horizon. How many concussions now? 

I think this is at least his 3rd now. He got one in 2011 at the world Jr's and again in 2012 while with the Abbotsford Heat. Not sure if he got one when he broke his jaw in Dec 2017 but would not be surprised and now this latest one back in October. Not looking very good for Sven going forward.

5 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I think this is at least his 3rd now. He got one in 2011 at the world Jr's and again in 2012 while with the Abbotsford Heat. Not sure if he got one when he broke his jaw in Dec 2017 but would not be surprised and now this latest one back in October. Not looking very good for Sven going forward.

It's a compounding effect too. Not good. Legitimately concerned about his future, and hopefully he takes all the time he needs even if he has to stay out for the year. His personal life is more important than any hockey career, and after so many concussions it's hard to go back to the same situation as before.

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Very Concerned for Baer's health. Not skating yet and not on the horizon. How many concussions now? 

I've been thinking that as well.  This appears to be far more extensive that what anyone initially thought.  Baer had a good start to the season and I thought he had a good chance of quieting the naysayers, but now I'm wondering if this will ever happen now. 

Really feel bad for Sven and I am very angry with the NHL as well.  I don't see that the NHL cares about or understands the possible lifetime disabilities these head injuries can have.  I hope that these players (with the support of the NHLPA) can find a way to fight back hard.  These 'unoticed' infractions happen often enough and the ones that are called, regularly receive pitiful suspensions that are hardly a detriment.  The NHL old boys club doesn't like change, but they need to be held to task on this matter.  I want to see a much greater effort to stop these head shots once and for all.  Yeah, I know that there are accidents that shouldn't be disciplined and I agree with that, but for all others should be dealt with a significant suspension and heavy fine.

I'm sick and tired of seeing and hearing about the countless young men that are suffering with ongoing symptoms caused by careless and overly aggressive players.  Oh yeah... start testing for steroids please.  That's my opinion. 

I too am very worried about Baer's health. He seems to be recovering very slowly and with some concussions in his past, I wonder if he'll still be able to compete at the same level when he returns. I'm a huge Baertschi fan, so this is insanely frustrating for me. Losing him definitely leaves a gap in our top 6. I hope he surprises and comes back just as strong as before. 

• Upvote 2

On 11/21/2018 at 12:12 AM, Kootenay Gold said:

There was also the "accidental collision" with McLeod back in February 2017.  

Edited by mll

This is not good.  He gave an interview to a Swiss paper in German.  

It doesn't sound like he is making any kind of progress.  He also doesn't know if it's the 4th or the 5th one but this one is hitting him really hard.  He thought he could finish the game in Vegas but then felt so bad he had to see a doctor.  

Via google translate:  "Last Saturday I returned to training for the first time since October 24th. But I had to stop this exercise after 15 minutes, because I was so dizzy. As soon as I move and turn properly, I see everything around me completely blurry and have a headache. "

"A concussion can be cured after one and a half weeks, but it can take months. In this situation, I have no choice but to wait and think positive in spite of everything. "

They interviewed him walking around Granville Island - that's the positive news.  He's not at home in a dark room and away from any kind of contact.  He says that he needs to make sure to be 100% healthy before returning because there's a long life after hockey.  His wife is expecting their 1st child for April.

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, mll said:

It doesn't sound like he is making any kind of progress.  He also doesn't know if it's the 4th or the 5th one but this one is hitting him really hard.  He thought he could finish the game in Vegas but then felt so bad he had to see a doctor.  

Via google translate:  "Last Saturday I returned to training for the first time since October 24th. But I had to stop this exercise after 15 minutes, because I was so dizzy. As soon as I move and turn properly, I see everything around me completely blurry and have a headache. "

"A concussion can be cured after one and a half weeks, but it can take months. In this situation, I have no choice but to wait and think positive in spite of everything. "

They interviewed him walking around Granville Island - that's the positive news.  He's not at home in a dark room and away from any kind of contact.  He says that he needs to make sure to be 100% healthy before returning because there's a long life after hockey.  His wife is expecting their 1st child for April.

very sad.  I wish the best for him.  Wether people think he is not a top 6 winger on most teams or not, we miss him bad.  

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, mll said:

Man that has to be stress for him and his wife.  Hope he is able to heal up fully and quickly for that.  Nothing worse to have an ailment during an important journey in their life.

Glad he is taking the right steps to be well properly because like he said, there is so much more in his life than hockey.