The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sven Baertschi | LW

snizzle_

Sven picks up an assist on the Comets 2-0 goal.

you bet me to it :towel: . Glad to see that it wasn't just hot streak that was the reason he was getting points earlier. Also it was another primary Assist :towel::towel::towel:

Edited by Gstank29

you bet me to it :towel: . Glad to see that it wasn't just hot streak that was the reason he was getting points earlier. Also it was another primary Assist :towel::towel::towel:

You can expect a lot of scoring chances from him each game.

Seriously, every time the Utica commentator mentions his name the play begins to develop into a shot on net.

Dare I say that he COULD be like Nicklas Backstrom, an elite playermaker setting up an Elite Sniper (Virtanen).

Regardless i think he will produce 40-50 a year consistently and have a couple of 60-70 point seasons.

Edited by Gstank29
  • Upvote 1

Dare I say that he COULD be like Nicklas Backstrom, an elite playermaker setting up an Elite Sniper (Virtanen).

Regardless i think he will produce 40-50 a year consistently and have a couple of 60-70 point seasons.

how DARE! you?

• Upvote 1

Can somebody who actually understands the CBA please comment. If I understood correctly only the 4 players that were paper transactioned to the AHL on March 2 can be moved up and down as non emergency callups. Everyone else currently on the Comets can only be called up as an emergency replacement. If true Sven or anyone else cannot be called up just to have extra bodies.

Can somebody who actually understands the CBA please comment. If I understood correctly only the 4 players that were paper transactioned to the AHL on March 2 can be moved up and down as non emergency callups. Everyone else currently on the Comets can only be called up as an emergency replacement. If true Sven or anyone else cannot be called up just to have extra bodies.

that's only until the end of the regular season, in the playoffs there are unlimited call-ups and roster sizes. that said, the canucks are not going to drain the comets of talent if they are currently going on their cup run just to have them around and not play them during our cup run. they will only be recalled if we are going to play them.

• Upvote 1

What Av said ^^^.

Basically until/if Utica gets eliminated (and the Canucks are still playing), Sven's on your roster IMO.

It's probably more likely the Canucks are done playing first anyway :lol: ... :blush:

Edited by J.R.
  • Upvote 1

It's not that the 4 players that were paper transactioned are the only ones that can be called up. Anyone can be used as a call up, but that can only be used 4 times after the deadline. As you say there are emergency call ups too but that avoids teams just calling up players whenever they feel like it, or for extra bodies as you say since we brought back 3 of those 4 paper transactions and then called up Corrado later too.

As av said, there are no limits once playoffs start though, so if the Comets are out or have extras, the Canucks can call them up.