The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, komodo0921 said:

What makes you say that?

Management has already showed and said that they will take a very cautious approach with bo to not ruin him. we're not the Oilers.  we don't just throw kids on the top line in the NHL for the hell of it. don't forget he started on the 4th line this year. 

1 minute ago, Gooseberries said:

Management has already showed and said that they will take a very cautious approach with bo to not ruin him. we're not the Oilers.  we don't just throw kids on the top line in the NHL for the hell of it. don't forget he started on the 4th line this year. 

This would be far from a rash move and they have been cautious, but there comes a time when you let a horse loose to run. He may be young in age but he's no longer a rookie. If he continues on his current pace, he, at least keeps up with the Sedins. Management's been waiting for an opportunity to begin the changing of the guard and this could be it (given he does achieve a 50-60 point season).

30 minutes ago, komodo0921 said:

This would be far from a rash move and they have been cautious, but there comes a time when you let a horse loose to run. He may be young in age but he's no longer a rookie. If he continues on his current pace, he, at least keeps up with the Sedins. Management's been waiting for an opportunity to begin the changing of the guard and this could be it (given he does achieve a 50-60 point season).

Bo is best because he's bo.  Go Bo Go!!!!!

Well Bo seems to be filling the gap that Kesler left, Sutter is also filling a gap that has been patch work since Malholtra took a puck in the eye. 

All we need is a playmaking offensive center and our pivot position is well covered for the coming years. . Not sure that he has to be a generational talent, just good enough to take advantage of the o zone starts that guys like Sutter and Horvat can provide. 

Horvat is earning his next contract by taking over his team. He is the light in the darkness right now. 5 to 6 for max term that we can get. 

EW

• Upvote 1

It seems like this team has slowly transforming into Bo's team. I hope the Canucks can get Bo some consistent talented wingers down the road and hopefully find another scoring center to compliment his game to share some of his workload and make this team a true contending team in a few years!

1 hour ago, Blömqvist said:

Some interesting numbers on Bo Horvat. Since January 1st 2016, Horvat has scored 45 points in 66 games, including 21 goals. During this time he is the Canucks' leading scorer.

This year Horvat has 15 points in 22 games, including 7 goals. His point production per game so far this season is the same as his average point production in the 2016 calendar year. That is to say, Horvat is consistently scoring at a 0.6818 PPG pace dating back from January 1st 2016 and continuing until now.

Should Horvat keep up this scoring pace like he did over the past calendar year, at the end of the season he will have scored 26 goals and 30 assists over the course of 82 games. 56 points for a "defensive" third-year player is pretty darn good. Horvat is steadily improving and if he can maintain this pace it will not be a stretch for him to break 60 points in the next year or two and possibly hit the 70-80 point mark shortly thereafter.

Good findings. Offense like this from Bo is why I think we might have our future first liner right in front of our noses without even noticing.

bo's interaction with guddy after all his handshakes was interesting. almost looked like guddy conceded to bo as the next captain.

I'm probably reading into it too much lol. love me some confident Horvat.   I look like he is starting to loose his baby fat too.

I wouldn't be surprised if he comes into next season looking like the sedins :) ripped and super lean.

13 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

bo's interaction with guddy after all his handshakes was interesting. almost looked like guddy conceded to bo as the next captain.

I'm probably reading into it too much lol. love me some confident Horvat.   I look like he is starting to loose his baby fat too.

I wouldn't be surprised if he comes into next season looking like the sedins :) ripped and super lean.

I personally think they were just enjoying themselves, or he's a Marshawn Lynch fan. It was with everyone not just Gudbranson after all.

18 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Any clips of this? 

On 2016-11-26 at 11:03 PM, ruilin96 said:

It seems like this team has slowly transforming into Bo's team. I hope the Canucks can get Bo some consistent talented wingers down the road and hopefully find another scoring center to compliment his game to share some of his workload and make this team a true contending team in a few years!

IMG_1143.JPG

• Upvote 4

On 11/24/2016 at 9:56 AM, RetroCanuck said:

Good pick but Schneider is an elite goalie. Gillis should of received way more in that trade. We lost that trade but Bo is a great player and Im excited to watch him for years to come

If I was LL and I knew I was trading away a 2 way 1C that can do anything and everything including captain a team, I'd have asked for a hell of a lot more than Schneider.

Gillis got a screaming deal.  Stop parroting some idiots from the Province and TSN

• Upvote 2

On November 24, 2016 at 9:56 AM, RetroCanuck said:

Good pick but Schneider is an elite goalie. Gillis should of received way more in that trade. We lost that trade but Bo is a great player and Im excited to watch him for years to come

There's a difference between losing a trade and not getting as much as you should have.

Yes we could've gotten more for Schneider but this is a win-win trade. We needed a center and right now I think Bo has 1C and captain material written all over him. Devils found there replacement for Brodeur but then again the Devils haven't made it to the playoffs with Schnieds and we've made it once with Horvat so..not really a loss.

24 minutes ago, SamJamIam said:

If I was LL and I knew I was trading away a 2 way 1C that can do anything and everything including captain a team, I'd have asked for a hell of a lot more than Schneider.

Gillis got a screaming deal.  Stop parroting some idiots from the Province and TSN

Haha there was no way of knowing Horvat would turn out as he has. If this had been Schneider for Virtanen you'd be singing a different tune. At the time we did not get as much as we should have for an all star goalie even though we have a great C now. Also Horvat has not proven he can be a one C yet. He might, and I hope he does, but he hasn't yet. Let me ask, who is more valuable right now? Horvat or Schneider? A potential 1C or a Star goalie?

28 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Haha there was no way of knowing Horvat would turn out as he has. If this had been Schneider for Virtanen you'd be singing a different tune. At the time we did not get as much as we should have for an all star goalie even though we have a great C now. Also Horvat has not proven he can be a one C yet. He might, and I hope he does, but he hasn't yet. Let me ask, who is more valuable right now? Horvat or Schneider? A potential 1C or a Star goalie?

Evaluate the trade on the day of, not in hindsight- that's a waste of time. Consider the following:

- it's always hard to acquire a high draft pick on draft day. A 9th overall pick is rarely traded.

- 2013 was considered a very deep draft, making it even harder to trade for early first round picks.

- Schneider had proven himself a premier goalie but did that while playing behind one of the best teams in the league. There was a degree of risk involved for New Jersey, no doubt.

• Upvote 1

From a Sportsnet fantasy hockey article.

HOT – Bo Horvat – C – Canucks – 2 goals, 6 points in last 4 games
Horvat has been a bright spot for the Canucks in the midst of a down season. He is up to 15 points in 22 games thus far, which signals a potential breakout. We should be concerned that Horvat still isn’t playing the biggest role, seeing only 1:47 per game on the second power play unit, and also that he has overachieved with a 20.6% shooting percentage thus far. That said, Horvat has always been a good shooter, carrying a 12.8% career average. He also scored 27 points in the final 41 games last season, which is a 54-point pace. Nothing about what he has accomplished is completely out of the ordinary.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-fantasy-hotnot-bo-horvat-looks-like-real-deal/

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bigturk8 said:

From a Sportsnet fantasy hockey article.

HOT – Bo Horvat – C – Canucks – 2 goals, 6 points in last 4 games
Horvat has been a bright spot for the Canucks in the midst of a down season. He is up to 15 points in 22 games thus far, which signals a potential breakout. We should be concerned that Horvat still isn’t playing the biggest role, seeing only 1:47 per game on the second power play unit, and also that he has overachieved with a 20.6% shooting percentage thus far. That said, Horvat has always been a good shooter, carrying a 12.8% career average. He also scored 27 points in the final 41 games last season, which is a 54-point pace. Nothing about what he has accomplished is completely out of the ordinary.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-fantasy-hotnot-bo-horvat-looks-like-real-deal/

I am concerned that he's still only getting 17 to 18 1/2 minutes of ice time per game.  He's now the leading point getter and goal scorer on the team.  

From an article from a few weeks back:

"That's what we're hoping for, it's what we've said all along," Henrik, the team's captain, told ESPN.com on Friday. "No one would be happier if someone came in and we were second-liners when this ended. That would be great, because that would mean we were a very competitive team. We're not going to give it to them. We're going to fight the best we can to be the leading guys [because] it's where we want to be and we feel like we still have it in us.''

How much more does Bo have to prove before Willie starts to hand over the reigns?