The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

11 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I think Fox is definitely a better player than Rathbone. But I wouldn’t rule out Rathbone from being an impact player for the Canucks. 

He showed well in the 16 games he played in last season. I expect some good things from him this upcoming season. 

Woo on the other hand, I’d love for him to make the team, but I just don’t see it. I think he needs another season of seasoning in the AHL with Abby. 

Oh definitely, Fox is already an elite #1 d-man. I'd be happy with Rathbone being a solid second pairing guy. Anything more is gravy.

Fox had no issues transitioning from College Hockey to the NHL so I'm hoping the same for Rathbone to improve our backend strength next season. Didn't look out of place the games he played imo.

Edited by MrCanuck94

1 hour ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Oh definitely, Fox is already an elite #1 d-man. I'd be happy with Rathbone being a solid second pairing guy. Anything more is gravy.

Fox had no issues transitioning from College Hockey to the NHL so I'm hoping the same for Rathbone to improve our backend strength next season. Didn't look out of place the games he played imo.

Rathbone had no problem transitioning into Foxs position when he got drafted either. Actually did a lights out job. nothing suggests rathbone wouldn't have the same success fox is having his first year. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dannydog said:

Rathbone had no problem transitioning into Foxs position when he got drafted either. Actually did a lights out job. nothing suggests rathbone wouldn't have the same success fox is having his first year. 

Bone is awesome, but he’s not going to get the Cherry minutes that Fox gets, so he won’t put up big points. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Bone is awesome, but he’s not going to get the Cherry minutes that Fox gets, so he won’t put up big points. 

Rathbones first nhl goal against edmonton was a beauty. He 'll just have to work harder which isnt a problem for this kid. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Dannydog said:

Rathbones first nhl goal against edmonton was a beauty. He 'll just have to work harder which isnt a problem for this kid. 

Yup.  He’s a great young talent.  I think he is already ahead of OJ.  

1 hour ago, MrCanuck94 said:

I agree that he didn't look out of place. But he also didn't play a ton and I forget what his matchups were. But I'd be willing to bet that Green was shielding him as well. Maybe I'm wrong. Can't remember. 

19 minutes ago, Dannydog said:

2 different styles, both very much needed.

Feel like Juolevi is more of a defensively defenseman and Rathbone is more an offensives defenseman. Your right. Two different styles of play. Both are very much needed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dannydog said:

For sure, but also important to temper expectations. If I recall correctly, he also got some PP1 mins alongside Quinn, which I never expected to happen at all the next decade barring injury. Kid's gonna be a beauty.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

we've been together for 23 years Jan, that ship sailed a long time ago

I like OJ, but if I had to bet right now between OJ and Rathbone I'd bet Jim trades OJ if he can upgrade the right side in particular. 

I am not saying it will happen, but a trade with the rangers

Rathbone for Braden Schneider would not surprise me

I would not like it, but it would not surprise me

9 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

I am not saying it will happen, but a trade with the rangers

Rathbone for Braden Schneider would not surprise me

I would not like it, but it would not surprise me

it would me. I think Jim's pretty high on Rathbone and I'm not sure he moves him for someone that hasn't proven they can play in the NHL.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

it would me. I think Jim's pretty high on Rathbone and I'm not sure he moves him for someone that hasn't proven they can play in the NHL.

I sure hope you are right Jimmy

I love Rathbone, and can't wait until he get's a whole season in

IMO, he reminds me of a Doug Lidster all around type

2 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I sure hope you are right Jimmy

I love Rathbone, and can't wait until he get's a whole season in

IMO, he reminds me of a Doug Lidster all around type

if we got that kind of ceiling for a 4th round pick that would be awesome. Hopefully a little healthier tho. 

I don't think we need to worry, Jim's not going to move Rathbone for something that wouldn't make you happy. But I hope we keep him.

• Cheers 1

Fred,

Please read the Army article.  OJ lost 10 to 15 lbs with Covid 19.  He was wrecked.  It is a respiratory disease primarily and OJ is lucky not to have permanent organ damage if he got any worse just based off that description, think of OJ’s health, conditioning, nutrition and healthcare access.  To still get legitimately ill with all of what the Canucks good bring to protect his long term health, no wonder he wasn’t on the ice much post the Covid outbreak, his lungs were banged up pretty bad.  

Salo has passed the torch.  Watch out for snakes and Rats OJ, also protect those nuts.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

Fred,

Please read the Army article.  OJ lost 10 to 15 lbs with Covid 19.  He was wrecked.  It is a respiratory disease primarily and OJ is lucky not to have permanent organ damage if he got any worse just based off that description, think of OJ’s health, conditioning, nutrition and healthcare access.  To still get legitimately ill with all of what the Canucks good bring to protect his long term health, no wonder he wasn’t on the ice much post the Covid outbreak, his lungs were banged up pretty bad.  

Salo has passed the torch.  Watch out for snakes and Rats OJ, also protect those nuts.  

Why would Green dress a player if he basically unfit to play, as u suggest. He hasn't been an inspirational player during his history of Pro hockey, always a minus player, I hope he is a stand out in camp but I wouldn't bet my house on it. He just hasn't shown enough to make him an odds on bet.

The two question are :-

Q1 what does he get in his new contract, he's an RFA    . what you pay him??

And Q2 what would he garner as a draft pick today ??

Edited by Fred65

1 minute ago, Fred65 said:

Why would Green dress a player if he basically unfit to play, as u suggest. He hasn't been an inspirational player during his history of Pro hockey, always a minus player, I hope he is a stand out in camp but I wouldn't bet my house of it. He just hasn't shown enough to make him an odds on bet. The two question are :- waht does he get in hisne contract, he's an RFA    . what you pay him?? And Q2 what would he garner as a drfat pick today 

You have to address my questions with reason prior to my answering yours.  BTW, Benning stated OJ was amongst or the sickest player from covid… a respiratory disease, which primarily affects the lungs, in ways we do not fully understand yet.  Ask Green about his coaching duties and assignments.  IDK what, ‘waht does he get in hisne contract, he’s an RFA   .’   I would pay him as little as possible and retain his services, which is what GM’s are supposed to do, or trade him.  Is OJ holding out for ‘hisne’, whatever that is?