The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

8 hours ago, Drewman said:

If you took your head out of your ass long enough you'd realize Olli gets paids 750,000 be it NHL or AHL, Rathbone will only make 70,000 in the AHL. 

You have an unhealthy hate for Olli and I can't figure out why. You've bashed him consistently and it's really annoying.

I'm sorry I upset you re-Juolevi. The fact  is he's not a great player. Most fans have been sold a pup, treated like sheep. To any other  NHL players this would be an insult. If Juolevi was a third round pick he'd have been released. $750K is not a good report card, thats where the Canucks rank him. Why don't fans believe and use their own eyes rather than drift along with a sales pitch. The professional within the organization ranked him and came up with this

Edited by Fred65
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 3
  • RoughGame 1

11 hours ago, nux_win said:

The Rathbone vs Juolevi debate is getting a bit stale.  I want them both to take a step forward this year.  If we can get good reliable play out of our vets and new acquisitions, and have our internal talent improve at the same time then we've got a great shot at being a good team this year.  I think that Juolevi might be a bit ahead in terms of development and maybe Rathbone has a higher ceiling, but it's not clear one way or the other.  What is clear is that it's time for Juolevi to step up and show us all what he can do right now.  And I think he's going to do fine, he just has to be a bit more consistently physical to go along with his calm accurate passing and general level headed play.  Go Canucks Go!

No doubt, all of us want them to take step forward. Thats good for us. The problem lies is people have gone gaga over our shiny new toy Rathbone and completely discounted what Juolevi did last season. He had some rough patches but he has progressed and shown he can play in this league. He even flashed some of the traits of why he was highly touted coming into his draft. Had Juolevi struggled a lot, then yeah, write him off, but hes clearly improved and with his waiver status, you don't want to give up on a player thats improving. Its kind of silly to draft Juolevi so high, wait years till his injury problems are behind the mirror, comes back and you see improvement and thats when you give up on him? LOL IMO Rathbone has to really outplay Juolevi by a significant margin to make it on the team. Juolevi did enough to at least warrant a longer look to at least avoid being waived

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Ur a Towel said:

Or you know... he took a minimum show me contract that helps to fit him under the cap. This almost guarantees that he stays with the club or if he does end up on waivers, he'll be claimed. Why would he sign any longer term deal at this point? He's been injured and had a serious bout with Covid that set him back and kept him out of the lineup last year. If he signs a long term deal, he gets nothing. He's betting on himself to have a better year and show why he's worth more. This has nothing to do with what the organization thinks of him or how they "ranked him". This is a horrible take, but I expected nothing less from you.

I also dont think its a smart move to comprimise the teams depth. Lets just say Rathbone outplays Juolevi, is Rathbone really going to make THAT much of an impact that its worth losing D-man when you are up against the cap already. OEL is going to be PP2 and Quinn is PP1, where is Rathbone playing then? Just the 3rd pairing minutes? The team has to also assess risk and benefit. That being said, Olli has to show up to camp and make it competitive because if he stinks it up, all bets are off

On 8/10/2021 at 5:45 AM, Drewman said:

If you took your head out of your ass long enough you'd realize Olli gets paids 750,000 be it NHL or AHL, Rathbone will only make 70,000 in the AHL. 

You have an unhealthy hate for Olli and I can't figure out why. You've bashed him consistently and it's really annoying.

Find one positive post that Fred has ever said in any thread

Edited by FaninMex
  • Vintage 1

12 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

I also dont think its a smart move to comprimise the teams depth. Lets just say Rathbone outplays Juolevi, is Rathbone really going to make THAT much of an impact that its worth losing D-man when you are up against the cap already. OEL is going to be PP2 and Quinn is PP1, where is Rathbone playing then? Just the 3rd pairing minutes? The team has to also assess risk and benefit. That being said, Olli has to show up to camp and make it competitive because if he stinks it up, all bets are off

The team also needs left D to kill penalties. OEL will likely see the majority of that on PK1 but who's the left D on PK2?

Hughes?

Rathbone?

I really don't think people have actually thought this through. And they haven't thought this through while also highly discounting Juolevi's calm, steady and more defensively refined play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

The team also needs left D to kill penalties. OEL will likely see the majority of that on PK1 but who's the left D on PK2?

Hughes?

Rathbone?

I really don't think people have actually thought this through. And they haven't thought this through while also highly discounting Juolevi's calm, steady and more defensively refined play.

It’s very likely that poolman hamnonic and Myers all are going to be on the PK

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dats hockey said:

OJ is in the top 7 no matter what and there has never been a season where our Dcore stay 100% healthy for long soo

For sure.

I just doubt, especially with as much of a preference Green has for playing D on their strong/natural sides, that we don't have two natural lefties on our PK most of the year.

On 8/11/2021 at 4:41 PM, aGENT said:

For sure.

I just doubt, especially with as much of a preference Green has for playing D on their strong/natural sides, that we don't have two natural lefties on our PK most of the year.

Im not sure about the PK, he'd have to really improve his footspeed a lot, but it would not suprise me if he's on PP2 with OEL somewhere next season. He's got a pretty good shot from the point. Its not a bomb like Rathbone but its a wrister that just gets through

2 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Im not sure about the PK, he'd have to really improve his footspeed a lot, but it would not suprise me if he's on PP2 with OEL somewhere next season. He's got a pretty good shot from the point. Its not a bomb like Rathbone but its a wrister that just gets through

He was one of the better PKers for Utica when he was there last. It was considered a big strength for him there. 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1