The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] TSN - Canucks still kicking tires on Kane

Provost

12 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I wouldn't trade for him at all...why give up the assets when most likely we will be one of the front runners to sign him 1 year from now for free...? He's a UFA in 2018/19 season.

If you listen to the feed n 1040 Bob says he isn't sure the Canucks are even one of the teams.

6 hours ago, bp79 said:

If you listen to the feed n 1040 Bob says he isn't sure the Canucks are even one of the teams.

Sorry, no I didn't. But have heard/read a lot about how close he and his family are over the last year with this rumor. I'd have to expect we'd at least be considered. But if the godfather says no you have to believe it lol. He's the only real news source I trust in the nhl.

I'm also sure any trade involving Kane would have to include an extension.

If willing to take a reasonable home town contract, having Evander Kane as your #1/2 LW for the next 5 years isn't the worst thing in the world.

Sven Baerschti is not a top 6 LW IMO.

I believe Erikkson can get back there for 2-3 more years..

Where else is our "Top 6" gonna come from ?

Kane           Horvat       Boeser

Eriikkson    2017 #1     Dahlen/Goldobin/Virt ?

Sedin           Sedin     ????   (This year prob co #2 w/new winger)

Baer   Sutter  Grandlund ....... ideally in 3rd line role.

We have lots to plug into 4th line roles.

Legit top 6 players are very hard to come by.....Evander Kane w/Bo could give us something resembling a "top line" this year.

Would look at moving Sutter to Edm to play behind McDavid and Draisaitl lines.  Sure he would waive to go home.

RNH is no more overpaid than Sutter...both be better fits on opposite teams.

12 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

This part of the article is what I've been saying since last summer:

The problem for the Canucks getting him is that there will be better offers out there than Tanev.  And anything more than Tanev in a trade would be a foolish move that I seriously doubt JB would fall for.

Kane love money and he will most likely go to free agency after next season, so no matter who he is with at the end of it, the Canucks will just have to outbid any other interested team.  If he has another good season though, the Canucks won't be able to get him on a 2-3 year short term deal if other teams are offering 5-7 years.

He's as good as gone from Buffalo next season even if it takes until the TDL.  The Pegula's aren't happy with him and the team needs to re-sign both Eichel and Reinhart before/after the season is over.

Better offers than Tanev for Kane? Well if Buffalo can do that the new GMs a genius. Did you mean better offers FOR Tanev? 

There's no way Buffalo is going to recover anything close to what they gave up to get him. 

Kane would be a great move. He is only 25 , so its not an Erkisson situation. If we can stay competitive while we rebuild why not ? He will still be at a decent age in 4-5 years. I would be all for this personally if the price was right. 

4 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

Better offers than Tanev for Kane? Well if Buffalo can do that the new GMs a genius. Did you mean better offers FOR Tanev? 

There's no way Buffalo is going to recover anything close to what they gave up to get him. 

I wonder if the Sabres would be better to hold of on trading Kane until the 2018 TDL?  They might get more then because the team getting him would only have him as a rental for a short time, so he wouldn't be able to ruin their room.

40 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I wonder if the Sabres would be better to hold of on trading Kane until the 2018 TDL?  They might get more then because the team getting him would only have him as a rental for a short time, so he wouldn't be able to ruin their room.

I don't know if its so much ruining the room vs. other outside activities... but if he's been scared straight from his recent legal issues maybe its OK. Byfugoo showed a real lack of leadership too imo by doing what he did, thats not how you deal with team mates either. It could have got pretty nasty.

It was just a bad deal by Buffalo that they have to come to terms with, they are not going to be getting a 1st rounder back. 

22 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I don't know if its so much ruining the room vs. other outside activities... but if he's been scared straight from his recent legal issues maybe its OK. Byfugoo showed a real lack of leadership too imo by doing what he did, thats not how you deal with team mates either. It could have got pretty nasty.

It was just a bad deal by Buffalo that they have to come to terms with, they are not going to be getting a 1st rounder back. 

If we had Kane though, how would a guy like Sutter (who called out Goldobin's balls, or lack there of) react to him?

I wonder why LA is so into him.....after what happened with Lucic....if they trade for an expensive UFA that leaves after this year?

If they trade for him, and he walks........LA fans will be really pisses, especially if he is decent and they miss the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

I wonder why LA is so into him.....after what happened with Lucic....if they trade for an expensive UFA that leaves after this year?

If they trade for him, and he walks........LA fans will be really pisses, especially if he is decent and they miss the playoffs.

Go all in next season, and after let Kane walk and tank hard to the bottom to reload at the coming drafts.  

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we had Kane though, how would a guy like Sutter (who called out Goldobin's balls, or lack there of) react to him?

probably avoid eye contact? Sutter was off base on that, never should have been public. 

I wrote in another post that JB should consider Sbisa for Kane straight across. Use Kane's last year on current deal as a tryout.

Only problem is then JB has too many forwards to protect before expansion.

Maybe add Beartschi going back or to another team for ? 

Baertchi to Phili or Ana for a dman?

Archived