The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

Just now, The 5th Line said:

No, not unless it is positive and of the butt kissing variety.

Not too shabby.  I like I like 

And the game before he had a hattrick.

1 hour ago, UticaHockey said:

Or the AHL like the development plan for both Nylander brothers.

That still burns me up that Nylander was able to get a year in the AHL when Jake was not.........that's a massive disadvantage to kids from the CHL.  Either make it a 20 year old league for all or let the chl kids in at 19.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Mathew Barzal said:

This is remarkable, can anyone speak for the quality of competition in this second tier Swedish league? Any comparable production from similar or high tier prospects?

Filip Forsberg played in the same league, and put up 33 pts in 38, at the same age Dahlen is

Watching highlights of his goals one thing stands out to me. He scores a lot of goals being within 10-15 feet of the net, and I love that. We need that guy who can get us quality shots in-tight, I'm kind of sick of seeing our guys take perimeter shots.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Mr53 said:

Watching highlights of his goals one thing stands out to me. He scores a lot of goals being within 10-15 feet of the net, and I love that. We need that guy who can get us quality shots in-tight, I'm kind of sick of seeing our guys take perimeter shots.

Yeah I notice the same thing. He's almost a pest when he gets in that range, like he just attacks that area and is extremely aggressive. We could definitely use that on our team. 

5 hours ago, Squamfan said:

lol at Juoolevi at 2. There was a guy on the afternoon show that has covered the knights since 2005 and he had a touch time answering when don asked is ollie a franchise dman, He said he is a "minute eater" and everybody know minute eater are players like skill and larsen and not top 2 dman. He also said the canucks should picked matthew 

He REALLY said that!

and here is they guys quote 

"He has been good, but I don't think he has been outstanding."

Oh...

He is going to be a good puck moving D, but I don't think he is going to grab the bull by the horns and go out and wins games for you. He'll be one of those nice players, what you call them, minute eaters."

on ollie an "minute eaters"

Oh man.

Wait...where's the part where he vomited poor English and said we should have picked Tkachuk or that OK was comparable to Larsen? 

See I read that too.  Nowhere did he say any of that.  He said he was surprised the Canucks went with OJ.  Went on to speak of the Knights 

But the most AMAZING thing is at no point in time did he mention Dahlen.  You know, the kid whose thread we happen to be in.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

He REALLY said that!

Oh...

Oh man.

Wait...where's the part where he vomited poor English and said we should have picked Tkachuk or that OK was comparable to Larsen? 

See I read that too.  Nowhere did he say any of that.  He said he was surprised the Canucks went with OJ.  Went on to speak of the Knights 

But the most AMAZING thing is at no point in time did he mention Dahlen.  You know, the kid whose thread we happen to be in.

he did not say anything about larsen but thats what a minute eater dman does. He plays a 5-6 role

6 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

he did not say anything about larsen but thats what a minute eater dman does. He plays a 5-6 role

Wow...you have no idea what your taking about. This is the dahlen thread. Tag people if you want but go over to the Juolevi thread and complain about nothing.

This page should be saved for the amazing things Dahlen is doing right now over in sweden. Im pretty sure he just scored 4 goals! so how about we talk about that.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Wow...you have no idea what your taking about. This is the dahlen thread. Tag people if you want but go over to the Juolevi thread and complain about nothing.

This page should be saved for the amazing things Dahlen is doing right now over in sweden. Im pretty sure he just scored 4 goals! so how about we talk about that.

every prospect thread turns into a QQ shlda picked tkachuk / ehlers / nylander debate... well debate requires 2 sensible sides of the argument so maybe debate isn't a well suited word.

too early to be overly excited as well as it is too early to be overly negative, deep breaths and ride it out boys and girls.

32 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

No, that's not "what a minute eater dman does." That is someone who eats minutes plays a lot of them, typically in all situations. those types of players are very hard to replace - look at Edler and how he get significant minutes even with his offensive output dropping. That's a minute eater. Gudbranson did that for Florida before coming here. Hamonic does it still for the Islanders, who we all wanted. Guys like Hedman, Doughty, Weber and Pietrangelo.

It does not mean someone to fill the extra 5-10 minutes that anyone and everyone on your roster should be able to do any given night. Your persistence on thinking this is a negative comment is telling.

But Dahlen, please.

Edited by elvis15
  • Upvote 2