The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

42 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Didn't consider that wrinkle.

Växjö has 4 games during the WJC and 1 game scheduled during the Olympics (when the league mostly shuts down). So he could miss 5 games. He's missed 1 already this season.

So I guess he could still play 46 SHL games, if he also played at the WJC and Olympics.

At his current season points/GP, over 46 games he'd actually tie Nilsson at 54 points.

If he keeps up a similar rate to recent weeks, he'd probably finish the season with 60-70 points.

As I recall, Kent Nilsson was an amazing player, who only played about 10 seasons in the NHL; won a cup in Edmonton and then went back to Europe.  He was well over a point a game in every season.  Gretzky once commented that Nilsson was the most highly skilled hockey player that he'd ever seen.  If Elias matches Kent's numbers, everyone better hold onto their hats when he starts playing for Vancouver.

2 hours ago, nowhereman said:

I have a feeling that, in a few years time, four NHL teams will be wondering how the hell they let Elias Petterson slip through their fingers...

Well many teams didnt even have the chance to pick Pettersson. I know NYR wanted Pettersson bad, but had to settle for Andersson. 

However, I'm sure quite a few teams feel that way about Brock

5 hours ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

I knows he's a Canucks prospect and all but can EP please get some f#%&$ publicity on either the score, TSN or NHL.com? Am I crazy... Jesus man this kid is the hottest thing since sliced bread, but even that cooled off. 

They know about him........most on Hockey Futures, that I have read say he is probably the skilled in his draft year.

6 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

My other thought is............Jimbo better have some spots open for this kid and Gaudette next year.........we are going to get excited.........well, more so!:blush:

Please, no more Vanek, Burmistrov, and Gagner signings.  :angry:

i noticed JV is sitting again, while these older plugs are getting minutes.  Are we really rebuilding?  

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Is it just me or does it look like he made the puck disappear and then reappear in the net...? ...the D.man looked like he had it covered with his skates ...just WOW!!!

Now all we need is Dahlin, or Boqvist 

Edited by Kungfudru
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, nowhereman said:

I have a feeling that, in a few years time, four NHL teams will be wondering how the hell they let Elias Petterson slip through their fingers...

I think save for NJD all the other teams picking before Canucks are thinking that already.