The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

7 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

He looked like a beefcake last year, but it turned out that Petey has a way of looking both jacked and remaining below 180 pounds at the same time. I have to imagine his body fat % is pretty impressive.

8 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

I think Sakic played at about 187 pretty much his whole career. They have several similar traits but Petey is more aggressive. :P :towel:

To be fair, Sakic, is three inches shorter than Petey.

On 1/1/2021 at 1:46 AM, -AJ- said:

He looked like a beefcake last year, but it turned out that Petey has a way of looking both jacked and remaining below 180 pounds at the same time. I have to imagine his body fat % is pretty impressive.

I think he has a similar body type to the Sedin twins.  They seemed kind of scrawny when they were drafted, but by the time they retired from hockey they were 190lbs.  Watching the boys play over the years, I was always astounded how much of a beating they would take along the boards without showing any signs of taking such a pounding.  They usually came up with the puck as well.

These players with the 'wirey' body type often seem to put on a lot of muscle without showing a lot of weight.  Like the twins, Pete will look very strong at 190lbs (when he gets there).

• Upvote 1

Seen the interview Petey and Jake did a couple days ago. Both renowned for their weight question marks. Both seemed bothered when the media asked the other about their weight/fitness. Nice to see them taking offense to it. Petey made weird faces every time Jake was asked about his weight. Seemingly pretty bothered by it. When Petey was asked about his weight he said "I thought we were passed that point" and Jake said "I agree." Just felt like neither appreciated the weight questions being asked of their teammate. Just thought it was worth mentioning even though I am tad late. Good kids, even Jake despite the picture some fans try to paint of him.

• Cheers 1

On 1/7/2021 at 1:43 AM, N7Nucks said:

Seen the interview Petey and Jake did a couple days ago. Both renowned for their weight question marks. Both seemed bothered when the media asked the other about their weight/fitness. Nice to see them taking offense to it. Petey made weird faces every time Jake was asked about his weight. Seemingly pretty bothered by it. When Petey was asked about his weight he said "I thought we were passed that point" and Jake said "I agree." Just felt like neither appreciated the weight questions being asked of their teammate. Just thought it was worth mentioning even though I am tad late. Good kids, even Jake despite the picture some fans try to paint of him.

Elite athletes being asked such questions by a couch potato reporting.    

• Cheers 1

I see  Mathew Barzal just signed his 7 million Dollar contract X 3 years..

I have said all along Petey will Be at least 6.8 - 7.3 Million X 2 years..--- signs this summer, flat cap deal ) ...Next contract will want to lock in 7 yrs X 9.8 million

Hughes for sure 6.3 - 6.5  million X 2 Years. this summer, covet flat cap deal  ..Comparison Chabot, 23,  in Ottawa 8 million Dollar D man ....

Excellent to see the league fans are taking note of EP40 given that these are the numbers off the NHL Shop via Fanatics, vs local sales numbers for our Vancouver market. 

This is the first time in a number of years we have seen a Canuck on these types of lists. 

Actually he deserved that one....he lost it against calgary since he had enough and hasnt been able to produce as well as taking a bunch of cheap shots.. The first line hasnt had a good start apart from the first game so Peteys obviously frustrated. Its gonna be a phase to go through to get back to focusing on the right things and working hard. He needs to regain some confidence and feel hes contributing to the team. He knows his role. Just gotta ifnd that flow and get some bounces his way.