The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

36 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Kinda laughing at that list.  Mittlestadt did what exactly to move up 5 spots?  Petterson had a literal record breaking year against men and moved up 1 spot.  Patrick has 25 points or so.  He's still 2nd?

Lind carried, literally carried his team on his back for the last 25 games of the season while producing at almost 2 ppg and dropped.

Kinda questioning that list really and it isn't just homerism as some might say.  There's playes in there that had years that were subpar to their draft and still moved up while others stagnated and didn't drop much at all while we have a few studs that barely rose or fell severely.

Redraft failure

If its as reported?  Then it is NHL GM's and scouts responsible for this rating. And an aggregate, so its not one guys opinion.   

Who in theory look past games played & points scored. Compare the skills, traits of speed and agility, etc.  There are WHL guys every year with big numbers who don't translate. He was also, albeit coming off mono, bypassed for the WJC team. 

The WJC's where, BTW, Mittelstadt might have played his way into a top 4 rating?       

But you watch Lind a lot in the valley. Is he a physical handful for an NHL calibre prospect like, say, Cal Foote?  Or just the 17 year olds.  Its an honest question BTW.  Because I was taken aback by that rating as well. Just don't get to see everyday...

• Upvote 1

I kind of feel sorry for Buffalo.  They settled for Eichel; he’s okay, but not McFranchise.  They missed on Sam R.  They missed on Alex N.  And IMHAO (mark it down now) Middlestadt will be a BUST.  Oh, and they will fall to fourth in this year’s draft, and pick another iffy player.  

8 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Any word if Lind has boarded a plane to Utica yet? maybe he's saying his goodbyes to his billet family as he moves on to the AHL?  Anyone know his eta?

I was thinking the same thing as you?? Surprised more people are not extremely excited about Kole...He just put up 8 pts in 4 GP in playoffs...

He has played top notch since middle of Dec, Think he had ( 97 PTS - 58 GP.. Would like to see him in Utica very soon...

Bright future for Mr.Lind...

38 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I kind of feel sorry for Buffalo.  They settled for Eichel; he’s okay, but not McFranchise.  They missed on Sam R.  They missed on Alex N.  And IMHAO (mark it down now) Middlestadt will be a BUST.  Oh, and they will fall to fourth in this year’s draft, and pick another iffy player.  

Mittlestadt is not going to be a bust lol. Apparently the guy had a beast of a debut last night. 

I see Mittlestadt being a serious challenger for the Calder next season. Had a crappy year with Minnesota but he was one of the only bright spots. 

Edited by Odd.
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Mittlestadt is not going to be a bust lol. Apparently the guy had a beast of a debut last night. 

I see Mittlestadt being a serious challenger for the Calder next season. Had a crappy year with Minnesota but he was one of the only bright spots. 

I can’t see Middlestadt accomplishing much.  He’s missing something.  Pigtails maybe?  :towel:

Go CANUCKS Go!  :frantic:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Want to see AHL Lind before committing as I like what he has done at CHL but I wasn't impressed at Prospects Camp how he did in terms of heavier/older players that were in that camp (and by older, I don't mean more than 22).   He is one of those players, like Lockwood, who plays with a bit of reckless abandon and that doesn't always translate to the NHL.

Right now I think he will fit in top 9 in AHL but given him a season or two to see how that goes.   I think Gadjo projects far better for NHL.

I didn't watch the prospects camp but he absolutely stood out in the Young Stars tournament. Had 3 points in his debut. That's tournament is good hockey and can be a springboard for some guys. I remember Troy Stetcher riding it right into an NHL job. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Kinda laughing at that list.  Mittlestadt did what exactly to move up 5 spots?  Petterson had a literal record breaking year against men and moved up 1 spot.  Patrick has 25 points or so.  He's still 2nd?

Lind carried, literally carried his team on his back for the last 25 games of the season while producing at almost 2 ppg and dropped.

Kinda questioning that list really and it isn't just homerism as some might say.  There's playes in there that had years that were subpar to their draft and still moved up while others stagnated and didn't drop much at all while we have a few studs that barely rose or fell severely.

Redraft failure

What a terrible list. Casey definitely disappointed in the NCAA thus far. To put it as a comparison, Boeser had 60 points in 40 games in his D+1 in the NCAA, Casey isn't even a PPG. Somehow THAT guy is rated higher than Pettersson who's having a historic year in the SHL. 

4 hours ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

Ya it's quite odd. I guess Mittlestatd looked good at the WJCs but he sure didn't do much in the NCAA.

Vilardi has been dominating and he moved down 3 spots? 

Odd list

Yep, seems like they made there basis purely on who played good in the WJC.  The list got published last week, but i bet they pulled their information right around the WJC,

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, High and Inside said:

I didn't watch the prospects camp but he absolutely stood out in the Young Stars tournament. Had 3 points in his debut. That's tournament is good hockey and can be a springboard for some guys. I remember Troy Stetcher riding it right into an NHL job. 

I agree and what really surprised and stood out for me is his great vision and passing. This kid will surprise and impress a lot of fans with some Grade A passes he's very good at making spotting all our great young players who have wicked shots. This kid has a real knack at finding his fellow teammates in wide open shooting areas even through heavy traffic I was extremely impressed!

Another thing to keep in mind is that Lind is very physical and is a real pain in the ass to play against but in the prospects game type situation he's obviously going to hold back on that type of intense style of play but there will be no holds barred when he gets comfortable at the AHL then NHL level.

I expect great things in the future from Lind and am just as excited about him as any of our other highly regarded prospects because of the fact that he brings tonnes of intensity, physicality, can really produce offense and will be very hard on other team's top forwards some very very important things that tend to get overlooked too often but imo go a long long way to win hockey games especially big playoff style games or just intense close games that happen quite often these days.

Players like Lind, Virtanen, Gadjovich, MacEwen, Lockwood, Guance and Gudbranson will really grind down the opposition and open up the ice for all our numerous basically skill only forwards and will really let them excell at their game, get them more emotionally involved and be protecters.

Edited by The Big Luongo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Redraft failure

Eastern Media

4 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I think “disappointed” is a bit rough. Mittelstadt was the second leading scorer (one point back of team lead) for Minnesota and he had the best points/game on the team.

Boeser’s season was amazing but he had a much stronger supporting cast.

Agreed, however, that Pettersson’s season blows away anything Mittelstadt has done.

I agreed the Boeser’s line Was better but we all know who was running that ship, Am I right? 

Also Was Casey has done is his D+1 isn’t even half as impressive compared to what EP has done

Lind arrived in Utica last night after the game started and watched from the tunnel with the group of injured Comets. I would think that the plan was to have him practice this week before playing next weekend but with more injuries last night he might need to jump right in tonight.

• Upvote 2

He will be playing behind Eichel which will likely help a lot in his development, not having to worry about being the number one guy, not dropping teams top D line or pairing.  

I don't feel I need to cheer for him to fail just because we could have drafted him, or because the media ranks him higher than Petterson.  

His college scoring should speak more to just how good Brock is (and what a steal he was in the draft) though he was playing as a scoring winger.  A centre has a lot more defensive responsibility and a lot more to learn when stepping up levels.

45 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

He will be playing behind Eichel which will likely help a lot in his development, not having to worry about being the number one guy, not dropping teams top D line or pairing.  

I don't feel I need to cheer for him to fail just because we could have drafted him, or because the media ranks him higher than Petterson.  

His college scoring should speak more to just how good Brock is (and what a steal he was in the draft) though he was playing as a scoring winger.  A centre has a lot more defensive responsibility and a lot more to learn when stepping up levels.

Kole Lind?

1 hour ago, UticaHockey said:

Lind arrived in Utica last night after the game started and watched from the tunnel with the group of injured Comets. I would think that the plan was to have him practice this week before playing next weekend but with more injuries last night he might need to jump right in tonight.

Canucks are working on getting his VISA so he can play, according to Lind himself. 

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-222526-51-.htm#222526