The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate Last TV Show You Saw

Monty

On 11/20/2022 at 3:32 PM, UnkNuk said:

Knowledge Network replayed the crime series "Luther", all twenty episodes that were originally broadcast in several seasons some years ago.

Idris Alba stars as DCI John Luther, a very conflicted and over-worked English detective who spends his time solving serial killer cases all the while having a very complicated relationship with....a serial killer.  And a crime boss.

An interesting series.  A few weak points in plotting - for instance, many times there never seems to be anyone around except the killer, the victim and/or Luther.  Someone is getting shot in the street and there are no pedestrians or people looking out the windows.  Also, Luther never seems to sleep.

Thumbs up.

It really lost something with less alice (actress signed to another show) and then they didn't really know how to restart it. Idris and ruth are great though

• 2 weeks later...

I've never actively tried to listen to any of their music, but quite enjoyed the 1st episode of George & Tammy. Admittedly it did feel the singing wasn't anything special (the typical complaint in reviews on IMDB), but that didn't bother my enjoyment of the show. 10/10 for me.

Edited by Psycho_Path

Hudson and Rex

I had no interest in watching yet another crime drama. The genre is extremely worn out, kind of like how superheroes are these days in movies. However, I saw the show was Canadian and filmed in Canada so I decided to support our local industry and watch an episode one day. Pretty much been hooked ever since. It’s mostly fluff, but it’s entertaining fluff. Most episodes you aren’t able to guess the perpetrator until the final clue/reveal. The characters are endearing. The plot twists keep you guessing.

It does a good job to not fall into stereotypes and instead shows the wide variety of people that can commit a crime for various reasons, just like it is in real life. It has enough variance of crimes from kidnapping, prison break, bomb threat, actual bomb, fake crime, stabbing, gun shot, poison, drowning, allergic reaction, cold case, car accident, accident, overdose, gang, manhunt etc. to keep it mostly fresh over each episode. It also tries to tackle some of the real life problems in life and policing too, which creates a positive influence in the real world. Did I mention the dog?

7 or 8 out of 10 depending on the episode. It’s not a masterpiece, but it’s entertaining and local. You could definitely do worse then watching it.

• 2 weeks later...

Willow 

Has anyone else been watching this show ? Watched episode 1 so far and I am not sure what to make of it yet. It has some funny bits and the acting etc I can only assume is mocking the original? Not sure what to make of it yet but it’s made me curious enough to watch a second episode…. Lol Wondering what others have found it to be …. Good …. Bad… meh????

On Netflix, 'The Pentaverate'. 8/10 :lol:

A Mike Myers gem. If you like dumb, raunchy comedy, this is perfect for you.

Pretty much, Ken Scarborough (Mike Myers), a mid-60's Canadian journalist is getting pushed into retirement by his news company because his stories are 'boring', and gets one last shot to find a big story. He teams up with A/V editor Reilly Clayton (Lydia West) to find his story at the Canadian Conspiracy Convention. Ends up meeting a nutjob who informs him of the existence of a secret society called 'The Pentaverate'. 

Dr. Hobart Clark, (Keegan-Michael Key) a world class nuclear physicist, is abducted by The Pentaverate at he beginning, and Skip Cho (Ken Jeong) appears in episode 3 and on. 

Don't want to spoil it, so that's all I'm going to say.

Without Sin available on Crave.

A four episode English mini-series that centres on a woman whose daughter was murdered a couple of years earlier and who agrees to meet with the imprisoned murderer.  And then things begin to unravel.

A very well-acted, sombre piece of drama.  Well worth checking out.

• 3 weeks later...

Ditto to the last two posts.

Last of us in phenomenal. Excited for episode four tomorrow night.

Cunk on Earth is hilarious. Loved her character in After Life as well. 

Furia on Crave TV was a good watch, if you're into the nordic shows.

On 1/6/2023 at 7:26 PM, Down by the River said:

Yellowstone: 4/10

Holy crap is this show totally unaware. Totally cheesy/soapy/campy but thinks that it is Breaking Bad/Ozarks of the Midwest. There are definitely some good parts, but I just can't take it seriously.

Can't stand that show. Most overrated show I've seen in a long time.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

The Bachelor - 5. This week was not so great with the Women Tell All episode. There was some drama on stage that I did not see the point of it. It does not matter if someone had a boyfriend or not before or during the show. I don't understand how they think these are love connections with the bachelor - Zack. I would think of connections being champagne and vacations. I'm sure it must have been nice for them to go to London, Estonia, and Hungary. And of course - endless amounts of champagne. 

• Haha 1

The Last of Us - 7.5 / 10 

Some cool post poc elements but also some terrible crap that had me screaming at the TV.  I didnt realize just how loud and obnoxious some people can be in a survival - horror environment.  

Pedro Pascal / Joel’s character was great.  

Id say I really enjoyed 2 of the episodes, was ok with 2-3 others and didnt really like what was left (or at least certain elements of those episodes).