The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Don Cherry's trade [proposal] last night

21 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Don't see a Quads/Marner deal happening in a 1-for-1 scenario.  We'd probably have to add or do some sort of sign-and-trade with an add-on from us.

It couldn't happen one for one we would have to take cap back. Though Brown would be closer..... and might even be plausible. 

Involving Marner my best guess would be.....

To TO: EG + Goldy +2nd 

To Van: Marner + Fehr + Polak + Marincin

Doesn't seem realistic though.

Brown though I don't think would be far fetched.

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

You are forgetting the guy is 83 years old. When he owned the IceDogs he wouldn't take part in the Import Draft, and coached the team to only 11 wins. 

There's a reason he's in the broadcast booth, not a GM. 

Not taking part in the draft is silly, unless you could trade your pick position to another team for their players or picks in the non import draft?

7 minutes ago, gurn said:

Not taking part in the draft is silly, unless you could trade your pick position to another team for their players or picks in the non import draft?

I appreciate his sentiment because he only wanted to draft North Americans. But not allowing your OHL team to be as best as it can be was silly. 

lol If they offered us Marner for Guddy I'd pull the trigger before Lamoriello stopped taking whatever drugs he'd be on. I like Guddy but there's definately a point where you just have to do it.

That being said, yeah, I think we'd need to add something else in.

1 hour ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

I could rock with a Brown for Gudbranson trade, he could fill that Hansen role of a guy who can play up and down the lineup in multiple situations and pop in 20 goals. No way we get Marner.

I'd honestly be down to sign Hansen again versus acquiring Brown. 

Guddy is worth keeping around for his physical play alone.

46 minutes ago, Tystick said:

I'd honestly be down to sign Hansen again versus acquiring Brown. 

Guddy is worth keeping around for his physical play alone.

You obviously have no idea how good Brown is, and/or how much Hansen has regressed in the past couple of years.

We're not getting Marner, or Brown. But should a trade happen, I bet his comments will make casual Leafs fans happy with the pick+prospect deal that it ends up as.

I'd rather not make the deal for Brown. I realize Brown is probably a better player than Gudbranson, but a middle six RW isn't exactly at the top of our list of needs. Targeting a young D or LW should be the priority imho.

If Brown can play LW then the deal is more tantalizing to me. Can somebody that knows a little bit more about the Leafs let me know if he can play LW as well as he plays RW?

Obviously the Marner suggestion is asinine.

5 hours ago, hammertime said:

It couldn't happen one for one we would have to take cap back. Though Brown would be closer..... and might even be plausible. 

Involving Marner my best guess would be.....

To TO: EG + Goldy +2nd 

To Van: Marner + Fehr + Polak + Marincin

Doesn't seem realistic though.

Brown though I don't think would be far fetched.

They would give up Marner before Brown. 

Marner hasn't lived up to hype in TO

26 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I'd rather not make the deal for Brown. I realize Brown is probably a better player than Gudbranson, but a middle six RW isn't exactly at the top of our list of needs. Targeting a young D or LW should be the priority imho.

If Brown can play LW then the deal is more tantalizing to me. Can somebody that knows a little bit more about the Leafs let me know if he can play LW as well as he plays RW?

Obviously the Marner suggestion is asinine.

I take Brown, hands down.

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

They would give up Marner before Brown. 

Marner hasn't lived up to hype in TO

Marner has 91 points in 120 career games and has 30 in 43 this season despite seeing 4th line duties for a bit.  Not sure what expectations he’s not living up to.  

Archived