The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Coyotes | 25.02.2018 - 6:30 PM PST - SNP | Dahlin Bowl I - The Lamest Show on Turf

Brad Marchand

2 minutes ago, samurai said:

Dan was hired in 16 and coached Miller last year.  Miller absolutely carried this team last season and should have been the team MVP.    So my point being which is backed up statistically is that coaches don't make that much of a difference either way.  Our goalies are not little boys learning the game.   At the start of the year goalie pundits were saying we had 2 B1 options in net, and now with the season going down the stretch they were correct.  Neither goalie is a legit starter.  Every time I watch florida i always say boy wish we still had lu - the fourth winningest goalie of all time.

I always loved Lu, and wish we could have kept him.  Not saying that either of our current goalies stack up in any way to Lu.  Miller was well established and needed little coaching.  The Canucks were better in goal when Melanson was here.  Marky was better when coached by Melanson.  He seemed taller in his butterfly and harder to beat.  Goaltending coaches catch when their charges have developed a flaw, and help them to work it out.  Goalies also work with their own coaches over the summer, which I would suggest is why both Nilsson and Marky were better to start the season.

At this point I have to support the tank! This season is over after such a strong start. :sadno:

The way I see it the Canucks have to secure 3rd last spot where they have an 84% chance at a top 5 pick! The draft drops off considerably after the top 5. 

in the 4th spot we only have a 56.6% chance of a top 5 pick. 

42 minutes ago, samurai said:

Dan was hired in 16 and coached Miller last year.  Miller absolutely carried this team last season and should have been the team MVP.    So my point being which is backed up statistically is that coaches don't make that much of a difference either way.  Our goalies are not little boys learning the game.   At the start of the year goalie pundits were saying we had 2 B1 options in net, and now with the season going down the stretch they were correct.  Neither goalie is a legit starter.  Every time I watch florida i always say boy wish we still had lu - the fourth winningest goalie of all time.

Wouldn't you rather see Demko coached by someone who was, at some point in his life, capable of stopping a beach ball?  Cloutier is a nice enough guy but his ability as a coach appears to be similar to when he was a player: garbage.

Archived