The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Motte | #64 | C/W

48MPHSlapShot

7 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

haha at least we got something. Assets are important for a growing team and we sure do  need a lot more

Motte could turn out to be great for us and potentially way better then a 3rd/4th round pick. Although Benning is good with those.

I'll take a developed Motte with his tenacity over a mid pick any day. 

It was hilarious how many people were complaining LOUDLY about not getting a pick instead.

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

I'll take a developed Motte with his tenacity over a mid pick any day. 

It was hilarious how many people were complaining LOUDLY about not getting a pick instead.

Ya thats true, I was just happy to get something.

All Im saying is we shouldn't be sleeping on 3rd/4th rounders as the last two years with those picks we've acquired Madden, DiPietro and Rathbone who all look like they have very solid shots at being NHL players.

Motte was good value though as it turns out.

26 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Ya thats true, I was just happy to get something.

All Im saying is we shouldn't be sleeping on 3rd/4th rounders as the last two years with those picks we've acquired Madden, DiPietro and Rathbone who all look like they have very solid shots at being NHL players.

Motte was good value though as it turns out.

Who's 'sleeping on them'?

• Wat 1

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Shame we couldn't get that 3rd or 4th rounder instead, eh? :lol:

No kidding. After all, draft picks are pretty much all guaranteed stars, while Motte is clearly not, he is just a very useful NHL player, obviously worth far less than any draft pick. ;)

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Comeback_Kings said:

Motte has been outstanding in his role this year.  Canucks pro scouting took another shot at a developing pro and scored big on this one.  Canucks wouldn't trade Motte for a second right now.  

It's unbelievable the lack of love this guy gets from tsn1040.  

Mott is having a solid season. What is truly satisfying is knowing that the Canucks are entering an era where even players who do not end up fitting the long term roster will have value. Mott will be challenged by the prospect pool. He has value no matter what. 

1 hour ago, Goal:thecup said:

With Baer out, we have a huge hole on left wing.

I am starting to wonder if Motte hasn't earned a chance higher up in the lineup.

He sure put an end to all his direct competition, Leipsic, Gagner, Boucher, Gaunce, Dahlen, Archibald, etc (I must be missing some more).

Good call there Goal.  Motte performs his role perfectly, its also the role that Schaller, missing from your list, was signed to fill. 

I championed him during our October 'prospects at camp' thread, based upon the brief glimpses of his energy from debuting for us, and then at Utica.

Alongside Motte I'd also predicted good things also for Leipsig and Kero.  I expected Leipsic to benefit hugely from the added UFA's grit, but it proved beyond his grasp.

Odd how right and how wrong we fans can often be.  Kero's not been given an opportunity, despite all our November injuries, though he's doing great down on the farm.

Motte owns a rare, dedicated application to follow a coaches directive, that'll take him a long way as he drives his work ethic into Green's plans.  I agree with you that we haven't seen his best yet as Green trusts him ever more.  If there's one player I love coming over the boards other than Pettersson, its Motte.  He doesn't do quit.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

I am starting to wonder if Motte hasn't earned a chance higher up in the lineup.

I was thinking the same thing for two reasons:

1- It shows the rest of the team that the opportunities are there especially if you work your ass off

2- He doesnt have a lot of points, but he plays one of the lowest ice times on the team with a preference to defensive assignments. Put him with better players in o-zone placement and his scoring is sure to rise.  I think it's worth the experiment.

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, kloubek said:

I was thinking the same thing for two reasons:

1- It shows the rest of the team that the opportunities are there especially if you work your ass off

2- He doesnt have a lot of points, but he plays one of the lowest ice times on the team with a preference to defensive assignments. Put him with better players in o-zone placement and his scoring is sure to rise.  I think it's worth the experiment.

I think Motte has made Granlund tradeable. 

34 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I think Motte has made Granlund tradeable. 

Motte, Leivo, Gaudette, Roussel, that we're resigned to Eriksson as a bottom 6 W'er now, Jasek coming, Madden in the pipeline etc, etc 

I'd say it's all but a certainty he's shopped at the TDL.

Edited by aGENT

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't seen anything publicly announced but i have a feeling TM is playing hurt. He hasn't been fore checking with his body much at all over the last 3 games. Yes,he gets in there with speed but recently with just a quick poke check with his stick or light bump on the D. This IMO really hurts his line as i see him more so as the driver ,energy supplying force of our 4th line than is line mates.

If anything has been said about a possible Motte injury i would love a link so i could get caught up. 

Edited by Dannydog

27 minutes ago, Dannydog said:

I haven't seen anything publicly announced but i have a feeling TM is playing hurt. He hasn't been fore checking with his body much at all over the last 3 games. Yes,he gets in there with speed but recently with just a quick poke check with his stick or light bump on the D. This IMO really hurts his line as i see him more so as the driver ,energy supplying force of our 4th line than is line mates.

If anything has been said about a possible Motte injury i would love a link so i could get caught up. 

He did leave the ice/bench in discomfort for a while, a few games ago. Anaheim game I think.

Wouldn't be surprised that he's nursing something.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/3/2019 at 2:41 PM, SILLY GOOSE said:

It's unbelievable the lack of love this guy gets from tsn1040.  

Don't worry, tsn1040 doesn't get a lot of love in general. 1040 pretty much has all the has beens, no where close to the guys in 650. Canucks lunch and the playbook are must listen to programs, especially the playbook. They just go in depth with the Canucks prospects, the draft, very insightful

• Cheers 2

On 3/3/2019 at 1:28 AM, filthycanuck said:

Don't worry, tsn1040 doesn't get a lot of love in general. 1040 pretty much has all the has beens, no where close to the guys in 650. Canucks lunch and the playbook are must listen to programs, especially the playbook. They just go in depth with the Canucks prospects, the draft, very insightful

I like the 2 shows you mentioned but Halford & Brough are the funniest guys on radio.  I try not to miss every day as they always give me a good laugh.  I don't mind Donnie and Moj but I still remember loving to stay up and watch him on TV back in the day.  Dave Pratt is funny because he is so wrong all the time and I can't stand to listen to the whining of Sekeres & Price.