The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Pecs Rene would be great signing for two years

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Discussion] Pecs Rene would be great signing for two years
2 hours ago, bobbyg43 said:

He would top off goal tending for Canucks in rebuild till the next generation arrives?

That would be a stupid trade????? He will be 36 in November and makes 7 million under contract next season...

We have Markstrom and Demko... Demko will play 30 games next season....

Waste of money to sign a 36 yr old goalie...

Agreed with the faith in Demko, he'll probably be ready by then.  Also maybe DiPietro would be on the verge too (not many junior guys end up in a tournament with stars like he has in the World Championships, and pretty sure he'd be knocking on the big league door).

Rather save assets to throw at a #1 D-man, and can probably sign an adequate goalie if need be.

Nilsson for Rinne straight up. They get cap and a backup, we get a goalie that can actually stop a decent amount of pucks.

Honestly I don't see them moving him. But would be pretty nice to have a legit goalie to mentor Demko. No offense to Markstrom and Nilsson but, yuck.

3 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Nilsson for Rinne straight up. They get cap and a backup, we get a goalie that can actually stop a decent amount of pucks.

Honestly I don't see them moving him. But would be pretty nice to have a legit goalie to mentor Demko. No offense to Markstrom and Nilsson but, yuck.

Rinne will spend his whole career in Nashville.  He is mentoring Saros - even had him living at his place for a while.   Too bad Miller wanted to be closer to LA.

7 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

I don’t think Markstrom is NHL caliber when it comes to starters. His stats indicate that he should be a middle of the pack back up

Archived