The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

Minnesota will not be re-signing Ludwig Bystrom, Vaclav Karabacek and Egor Yakovlev as they have all signed overseas.

We request they be removed from our 19/20 roster.

Thank you!

Edited by Baer.
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

CDC Puck Final

small.png  @thejazz97 vs small.png  @Master Mind

ARZ: Schenn, DeBrusk, Wagner, Chara, McAvoy, Parayko

NYR: Edmondson, Clifton, Halak

urn-publicid-ap-org-cbaea5bbd15c4605a81ca553dd372479Flyers_Vigneault_Hockey_54610-780x520.jpg

Game-plan:

- McAvoy sends Schenn into Rask early in game 1, resulting in a Rask concussion

- Halak takes over

- Sick of McAvoy injuring his goaltender, the coach benches him the rest of the series

- Chara and Wagner remain too injured to play

- Clifton takes top pairing duty

- Joel "playoff stud" Edmondson continues being a beast, and scores cup-clinching goal

Reveal hidden contents

My Rangers are &@#%ed

It sucks, because a Carolina-SJ final would have been your best bet! Here's hoping Halak, Edmondson, and Clifton can all contribute :) 

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Good series @inane. Pretty sure if Avs beat the Sharks in game 7 the series would've been yours.

Coulda been, can't believe I made it this far. Feeling pretty good about the future in FLA with Grubauer, Binnington and Demko in net moving forward. 

Florida open for business! 

EDIT Pre FA/draft/everything Florida 2019/2020 roster. 

James van Riemsdyk - Sean Monahan - Rickard Rakell

Sven Baertschi - Zach Hyman - Tyler Bertuzzi

Blake Coleman - Adrian Kempe - Dominik Kahun

Milan Lucic - Alex Kerfoot - Antoine Roussel

Drake Batherson - Noel Acciari - Zach Aston Reece

Jordan Greenway - Denis Gurianov - Valentin Zykov

*Colton Sissons RFA yet to be signed

Ian Cole - Esa Lindell

Nikita Zaitsev - Ben Hutton

Thomas Hickey - Sami Vatanen

*Mike Reilly RFA yet to be signed

*Derek Forbort UFA yet to be signed

Jordan Binnington

Philipp Grubauer

Thatcher Demko

Sitting with about 12 million in cap space.

Tons up depth up front, shallow on the back end. Will look to move some F for D!

Edited by inane

18 minutes ago, Salter said:

mD3TYLz.jpg&key=955107356c86cfbb2ddb0c19

To BUF: 2019 DAL 1st

To OTT: Andreas Johnsson

@Sestito'sHandMadeVodka @Sygvard @Art Vandelay

Johnsson is a super great young player. But we think there's some chance he's moved this summer, and wanted to take a hedge on that.  We're kinda nervous Nellie's that way.

As someone who is a big personal fan of his, I hope he stays with the leafs, puts up 25 goals this year, and art gets great bang for his buck

1 hour ago, Salter said:

mD3TYLz.jpg&key=955107356c86cfbb2ddb0c19

To BUF: 2019 DAL 1st

To OTT: Andreas Johnsson

@Sestito'sHandMadeVodka @Sygvard @Art Vandelay

I’d be pretty happy if that pick became an Andreas Johnsson. With (my best estimate), a less than 10% chance he become more than Johnsson; we are happy to go with the safer option. Especially for a player on his developmental trajectory.

The next victor Arvidsson, if you ask me. Same play style and pretty much developing at the same rate at the same ages. 

Thanks to the brain trust in Buffalo (especially @GillisFace) for what was the easiest trade negotiations ever? I’m sure it was the least amount of words ever used for a trade... the PM went like this:

“Hey, 18 OA for Johnsson”

“Sounds Good”

Good day GMs! 

The commissioner team has an idea that would allow us to start the draft earlier than the end of the playoffs. Currently, we have several trades in the queue involving unsigned rookies who would re-enter the draft, and trades involving picks at the top of the draft, both of which including current playoff teams and players. 

Our idea is to process all of these trades in the 2019/2020 Fantrax season, and allow the rookies to be signed before re-entering the 2019 Draft. This wouldn't interfere with the current playoffs as we will be doing the trades in next season's Fantrax league, but trades including players from fantasy NYR/ARZ will be announced during the playoffs.

By doing this, it will allow us to start the draft potentially two weeks earlier, allowing us to maintain unlimited time for first round picks. If we were to wait until the end of the playoffs, that could potentially leave us with 8 days for the draft. Last year's took 13 days to complete. 

Let us know if you are on board with this decision, and after some feedback we can announce a start date for the draft! But if you have any problems please let us know and we can discuss them.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Chicago Blackhawks will release the following players to FA:

Ron Hainsey

Kevan Miller

Derrick Brassard 

Done, and to the others who have posted recently releasing players those are done as well.

• Thanks 1