The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, Q would wipe the floor with Johnny Hockey. The matchup I’m hoping to see one day is Gaudreau vs Manukyan. ;) 

Wasn’t there a similar fight in the Q a couple years ago? With that tiny Russian guy the Oilers tried to sign but couldn’t and another little fellow?

24 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Wasn’t there a similar fight in the Q a couple years ago? With that tiny Russian guy the Oilers tried to sign but couldn’t and another little fellow?

Yeah. Tkachev vs Conor Garland. Lol. Not much of a fight. The two little guys threw maybe one haymaker each and fell down and the refs quickly pounced on them.

EDIT: just for gits and shiggles here’s the YouTube 

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

Virtanen probably had the mindset of who would

back him up if he did something? He’s still a kid himself, these additions will let him play bigger and I expect to see a much more physical jake this year.

anyways let’s get back to this hughes guy eh boys 

I agree I would like to see this line play together:

Roussel Gaudette Virtanen

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Wow, an actual discussion on CDC about who is the tougher Canuck because the Canucks have toughness depth.    

Lol I wish we got Reeves as well. . 

We. Would have instantly gone to one of the toughest teams in the league 

I expect that the discussion about signing hughes this year centers around deployment. Putting him in a position to succeed. 

1st line pplay for 5 to 6 mins a night. 10 or 11 mins at 5 on 5. Heavy weighting on offensive zone starts. Approx 16 minutes a night TOI.

Focus on the kids obvious strengths. Shelter him from the situations that are more difficult for him. And let him grow. 

Prediction he is signed and used as above. Second prediction he gets 30+ points. 

Edited by fanfor42
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

No way man Benning would have butchered that signing for sure 

Did Vegas really do that well?

They signed him for 2.8 mil a year. I love what he brings but he is not worth that much.

People who are hard on Benning need to realize that this is the cost of signing free agents. And also why it is so important to keep developing our own talent.

For everyone worried that we will have more money tied up on our third line than second. Who cares, it's a training year. And for all the gloating that Toronto is way ahead of Vancouver on the rebuild. That remains to be seen. If the Canucks make it back to the playoffs in three years, Then that's a success that surely took longer for Toronto,I could even see Vancouver still be a top tier team if a couple sure fires turn out. Hughes could be the player that wins series for us.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Did Vegas really do that well?

They signed him for 2.8 mil a year. I love what he brings but he is not worth that much.

People who are hard on Benning need to realize that this is the cost of signing free agents. And also why it is so important to keep developing our own talent.

I don’t think he is worth more Than 1.5 

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

Lol I wish we got Reeves as well. . 

We. Would have instantly gone to one of the toughest teams in the league 

Maroon is still out there.  He would play higher in the line up than the 3 we just picked up. However, we already have a log jam up front. Personally, I would not mind getting Maroon to play with Horvat / Boeser or on a 2nd line with Petterson and someone. We would be a tougher team for sure!!

We would definitely have to get rid of some bodies (although we already have to).

• Upvote 1

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

Maroon is still out there.  He would play higher in the line up than the 3 we just picked up. However, we already have a log jam up front. Personally, I would not mind getting Maroon to play with Horvat / Boeser or on a 2nd line with Petterson and someone. We would be a tougher team for sure!!

We would definitely have to get rid of some bodies (although we already have to).

Baertschi would need to be moved primarily if we are getting Maroon. Though, not really interested in Maroon. 

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I am all over this also!!

Which line would this be in your opinion? New to the site as a poster but have followed for a few years. My thoughts are this could be a 3rd line with a 4th line of Leipsic / Beagle / Goldobin as neither winger would likely clear waivers. I would also start Gaudette in Utica and call him back up once a few veterans eg. Gagne and Granlund are traded for draft picks.

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Which line would this be in your opinion? New to the site as a poster but have followed for a few years. My thoughts are this could be a 3rd line with a 4th line of Leipsic / Beagle / Goldobin as neither winger would likely clear waivers. I would also start Gaudette in Utica and call him back up once a few veterans eg. Gagne and Granlund are traded for draft picks.

Roussel  Gaudette  Virtanen would be a great line in theory. I think it is hard to actually say what line with be what except the 1st and 4th this year.

1st:   someone / Horvat / Boeser:  that someone could be Petterson or Baertschi

4th:  Schaller / Beagle / someone

Dallas fans that like Roussel think he is a good 3rd liner. So Roussel Gaudette Virtanen would kinda be the 3rd line.

Then you have Ericksson Sutter someone. You could put Petterson with either Horvat and Boeser or you could put him with Ericksson Sutter. both would have their benefits. Goldy either forces his way onto the 1st or 2nd line or he won't be here imo.

Just my opinion.

• Upvote 1