The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

The omission will motivate; & determined late-bloomers on D, are smooth in a cap world.

The omission will motivate those that choose to find the negativity of everything on the team to suggest he's a dud of a prospect and is now a question mark to ever make it to the NHL.

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

That's what I'd like to hear(more & more).

They've ignored our talent-stash too often.

That has been team Canada’s problem over the years. They go for the more high profile flashy players over the more complete ones.

The philosophy seems to be if you pick the most talented team then you’ll win. As the Oilers know that’s not true. You need players that bring different elements to create a complete team.

Finland, Russia, and Sweden realize this and that’s why they’ve been winning.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Team Canada took Bahl instead of Woo as there PK shutdown guy...Bahl has been there best D. and has been given PP time as well ....he starts the games and finishes the game on the ice and I believe he is playing the most minutes...

Woo would have been there 2nd best D. overall and that pair on the PK would have been killer!

Yeah Bahl looks good and frankly in the previous WJC he was the 7th D but worked his way up into a 1st or 2nd pairing by the time the tourney was over. I preferred Bahl to Woo. Bahl went 18 places after Woo. The other kid, who has been projected to be a 1st round pick but fell to the 2nd round was McIsaac, he was taken one spot ahead of Vcr  :(

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Gaudette Celly said:

Not so sure they've figured that out yet...

The problem now is that they have so much tied up in a handful of players that they have no money for quality depth.

For all the complaining that people do about Benning overpaying for bottom 6 forwards, at least we have quality role players in every position and not having to fill out our roster with plugs.

On 12/30/2019 at 11:53 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

That's what I'd like to hear(more & more).

They've ignored our talent-stash too often.

Not taking Corrado is one thing, but Woo has the chops to play as a shut down guy or a 2 unit PP guy with an edge and with some decent size.  

Don't know why he wasn't there last year and after the russian debacle, I tend to think that the TC brass forgot to bring guys who can play defence.