The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

3 hours ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

Ya I saw that. Also odd because Bahl is a lefty and they invited 2 undrafted right handed prospects instead of Woo. 

Kinda hard not be be disheartened a little about Woo's development. Doesn't seem to be taken the next step and a few guys like Addison and Bahl who were drafted lower got the invite over him. 

Last year got me all hyped up that Woo could be a top 4 guy in the NHL but right now I'm more expecting a Jamie Benn type bottom pairing guy if he even cracks the NHL. 

When there'$ literally billion$ of future dollar$ at $take (combined lifetime NHL salaries of the players on the WJC team), I would $uspect that there i$ a LOT of corruption at thi$ level of hockey. But hey, that'$ just $peculation.

3 hours ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

Ya I saw that. Also odd because Bahl is a lefty and they invited 2 undrafted right handed prospects instead of Woo. 

Kinda hard not be be disheartened a little about Woo's development. Doesn't seem to be taken the next step and a few guys like Addison and Bahl who were drafted lower got the invite over him. 

Last year got me all hyped up that Woo could be a top 4 guy in the NHL but right now I'm more expecting a Jamie Benn type bottom pairing guy if he even cracks the NHL. 

I wouldn't give up on his that soon.  Woo is just 19 and has +++ developing years ahead of him.  Jordie Benn was never drafted and at Woo's age was still playing in the BCHL for 2yrs; the ECHL/CHL another 2 yrs and then finally made it to the AHL at 23yrs old (Texas Stars).

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, not worried about Woo's offense on a less stacked team.

Besides, we have Rathbone coming to be Hughes-lite. We don't need that skill set out of Woo of it happens to not be there at the NHL level.

Solid, physical, 2 way D with some complimentary scoring is just fine

Maybe hes Makar Lite? Heard he hammers the puck well

I kind of see Woo as a right-handed Hamhuis. A very good defensive D that can be very physical ( Hamhuis brought down some big men with that hip-check) and in the right circumstance bring some decent O - at best a strong number 3, but at least a good third pairing guy that can play higher when called on. He did not have a strong start to this year, but started last year the same way, then kicked butt after he was rejected by the national juniors - kind of like Lind last year.

• Cheers 2

15 hours ago, AK_19 said:

I mean, he wasn't really drafted for his offense. How has his defensive play been?

It's been absolute crickets out there for reports on Woo's play this year. I've been waiting and looking for some sort of report on his play other than just stat watching. Either there just aren't many Hitmen fans out there or his play has been mediocre so people naturally just don't want to $&!# on the guy. I'd love to hear someone who knows hockey to give a report on his play this year. 

Edited by Ihatetomatoes

10 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

I kind of see Woo as a right-handed Hamhuis. A very good defensive D that can be very physical ( Hamhuis brought down some big men with that hip-check) and in the right circumstance bring some decent O - at best a strong number 3, but at least a good third pairing guy that can play higher when called on. He did not have a strong start to this year, but started last year the same way, then kicked butt after he was rejected by the national juniors - kind of like Lind last year.

I see him as JovoCop lite. Great skating physical 2-way Dman.

1 minute ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

How many Flames players made Canada's preliminary roster this time? ^_^

TSN makes it's big coin on this tournament with eastern (Ontario and Quebec) viewers.  Look to see several of the Leaf's, Sen's, and Hab's prospects on the Canadian team, whether they deserve it or not.  

42 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

The omission will motivate; & determined late-bloomers on D, are smooth in a cap world.

For sure.  Didn't mean it in the sense of him not progressing as a prospect, just in that it sucks we won't get to watch him at the WJC.

I still think he will be a player for us down the road.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

40 minutes ago, BCNate said:

It's too bad, doesn't sound like he was really in the conversation at all either.

That's ok.  There's tons of terrific dmen in the NHL that were overlooked by their countries' world junior team.  Woo will do just fine, regardless.