The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Habs intend to trade Pacioretty as soon as possible!

TheRick

9 minutes ago, NHL'er said:

Brisebois for Pacioretty and a 2nd. MB loves his Franco Canadians. 

I know it's a joke but honestly now might be the time to trade our French players to them for a massive haul.

Gaudette (not French but close enough) and Brisebois for Kotkaniemi

14 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Bergevin is the worst GM in the league bar none.

Dorion 31st and Bergevin 30th then 29th Oilers GM.. These 3 guys are terrible all have made there teams worse.. Good thing Oilers won draft and got McDavid....

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I love seeing Edmonton and Calgary being run into the ground though.  Excited to see how quickly Dumbass destroys the Laffs.

Yea Calgary has looked a little all over the place too.

To think they gave up a 15th overall pick (Barzal, Connor), a 45th pick (Forsbacka-Karlsson, Sprong), and a 52nd pick (R.Andersson, Dunn) for Hamilton.

Only to turn around and trade him, Ferland, and another top prospect for Hanifin and Lindholm. I don't know about you but I'd prefer Barzal, Sprong, Dunn, Fox, and Ferland over Hanfin and Lindholm.

Gotta love a rushed rebuild though.

I'm developing a theory whereby the league appoints clueless, lame-duck, dullards to GM CDN franchises. Or shameless, unscrupulous insiders like Burkey.

Usually, the struggling location has a financial and/or bldg issue. League helps 'smooth that over' at a cost. Could explain blatantly hapless transactions, like the Duch/Turris/US sweetheart teams...

Top picks are filtered down south. Or recent top picks, who've done their job in already drumming up draft day interest(for said struggling market), from yrs past.

Such locales will never attract key UFA's(affordably) thus are stuck as 'developing nations'.

Basically, some lesser teams become a feeder-system for about 10~12 key US markets(+ perhaps Hogtown).

...Wouldn't surprise me if these lame duck GM's have numbered bank accounts in Switzerland, for lovely donations. In Mtl, Bargain-bin seems a candidate! He's got a wardrobe to keep functioning.

Probably would've been better off to separate Cdn & US pro leagues...

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

There is one factor that vaults Dorion over Bergevin into 30th: a psycho owner

You almost wonder if he's keeping Dorion in place just to run the franchise into the ground so that he can move the team.

This is idiocy.  Patches has 1yr left at 4.5m which isn't bad for what he offers.  Had a down season last year, but still managed to put up 17g.  The guy consistently puts up +30 g every year.  Some gm is going to get a very nice piece for his team at the expense of Les Habitants.

Talk about showing your cards before the bet is placed.

Archived