The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Micheal Ferland

2 hours ago, rekker said:

This team is way too soft. 

Maybe, but that doesn't mean Ferland is the only option to toughen up the team especially at what it may cost us. One has to wonder why a player like Ferland was made expendable by Calgary and now possibly Carolina as well after less than a season.

6 hours ago, SilentSam said:

@48MPHSlapShot just mentioned T Madden,.  How about Dahlen and Madden for a Re-signed Ferland?

Sounds like the Canes need to re-build @Captain Azzy ?

The Canes already have the pieces they need to be competitive in the future. Necas is a future 1C, Kuokkanen a top six winger, so too Gauthier, and they have plenty of D coming along plus Nedeljkovic and Booth in net. They've already done a good part of a rebuild.

6 hours ago, Battlemonger said:

Granlund isn't trash. He is a good, serviceable, cheap 200 ft player that can play both wings. I still feel a first rounder and Granlund would be good to get rid of Sutter. The 2019 first rounder would be tough though. We will be picking in the top 10 most likely and there are a lot of good player available. If its a 2019 first rounder, I would pass.

Never said he was trash, but the Canes wouldn't want someone who would sit in the press box until the summer. And with Dundon not looking likely to spend money, Sutter is a huge no.

That package is fine to move Sutter on, but it's not going to Carolina.

8 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I wonder if Tyler Madden is a piece that might interest Carolina? A US born player and someone who's stock has risen exponentially after lighting it up at the world juniors.

Sure, you hate to have to cough up a prospect of Madden's quality for a 26 year old player on an expiring contract, but you have to give a little to get a little.

Just a thought.

"click" 

That's the sound of your phone after i rip the cord from the wall and wrap it around your neck. 

16 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

Please, please, please, pretty please.

If there is a hockey god, give JB the stones to make this happen.

If ever there was a deal that would put JB on the map, this is it.

Ferland      Pettersson      Boeser

Re-sign Ferland to Horvat type numbers

6 x 5 to 5,5

What? Horvat money? And 6 years?

I would not pay more than 4 for Ferland. And no more than 4 years. 

A 26-year-old physical player, whose career best is 21 goals. If he achieved that at age 21 or 22, sure, Horvat money. 

Being a physical player that he is, I think he can play at the current level for at most 4 years. 

4 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Maybe, but that doesn't mean Ferland is the only option to toughen up the team especially at what it may cost us. One has to wonder why a player like Ferland was made expendable by Calgary and now possibly Carolina as well after less than a season.

Carolina wants to keep Ferland but he doesn't want to talk contract so they are pressed against with limited options of what they can do especially losing Elias Lindholm for him.  And I think Calgary through him into the trade to beat other suitors. 

11 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I mostly agree, although I'd be extremely skeptical of giving up Wu, Demko, or Dahlen either. 

Canucks have some very, very difficult names to spell. Stecher/ Gaunce/ Gaudette/ Gagner.........tough stuff ( /s ), but you really have to understand that Woo is just not a name that should give you trouble !

11 hours ago, oldnews said:

First Carolina gives up Lindholm to bring this guy in.

And their owner is all-in, all-offense, all-the-time, WIN-NOW, no patience....

Half way through the season he's rumoured to be on the market.

What an all-around fail by Carolina's new ownership.

Here's why I don't see a deal happening:  Carolina needs to recover too much to save face.

It's not worth it to this team under the circumstances - that is, unless they're woefully overvaluing offensive talent and are prepared to take a guy like Goldobin as the principal.

Talk of Sutter, Goldy/Granny, 1st is batshizz crazy btw.

He's an interesting target - worth putting it out there that you're interested regardless - 1) to raise the price for other potential buyers and 2) to let the player know indirectly that you'll be interested on July 1st.

Well you have to know that Sutter and Granny are off that list since they scored last night! Who knows what is possible with Carolina, somewhat irratic. While I have always been an advocate for converting vets to players who compliment the time line better the Canucks have no where near the depth needed as yet. Not into trading pics and players like Sutter and Granny provide solid leadership. That said it is always about what comes back. After 5 years Benning is getting to the point where he does have some pieces to work with. 

7 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

"click" 

That's the sound of your phone after i rip the cord from the wall and wrap it around your neck. 

"lol"

That's the sound of me laughing at you for thinking anyone still uses a phone with a cord.

1 hour ago, SingleThorn said:

Canucks have some very, very difficult names to spell. Stecher/ Gaunce/ Gaudette/ Gagner.........tough stuff ( /s ), but you really have to understand that Woo is just not a name that should give you trouble !

Shush! I'm a fantastic speller. Bearchi, Peterson, Gubranson, Boser. I've got 'em all down B)

Archived