The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Stars shopping Valeri Nichushkin, Brett Ritchie, Mattias Janmark

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Would much rather trade Goldobin over Granlund. Goldobin is entirely useless without the puck. 

Entirely different roles. Goldobin still has a shot (albeit diminishing) to turn in to a top 6 W'er. Besides he currently has more value to us as that top 6 lotto ticket than he would in trade.

Janmark would largely replace Granlund's depth C/W bottom 9 utility role. We don't need Jannmark AND Granlund (while also reducing our potential top 6 prospects by moving Goldobin). We also have too many 'bottom 9 utility players' and could stand to consolidated some. 

It's not really about current player value or who you 'prefer' it's about accumulating needed pieces (and clearing Schaller's contract spot/cap) while adding a pick.

8 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Entirely different roles. Goldobin still has a shot (albeit diminishing) to turn in to a top 6 W'er. Besides he currently has more value to us as that top 6 lotto ticket than he would in trade.

Janmark would largely replace Granlund's depth C/W bottom 9 utility role. We don't need Jannmark AND Granlund (while also reducing our potential top 6 prospects by moving Goldobin). We also have too many 'bottom 9 utility players' and could stand to consolidated some. 

It's not really about current player value or who you 'prefer' it's about accumulating needed pieces (and clearing Schaller's contract spot/cap) while adding a pick.

Its not about roles though, Pettersson’s role is to provide offence but that doesn't excuse him from playing a string defensive role when needed. 

Goldobin is abysmal at best defensively and that is inexcusible and that is why he is still sitting. 

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Its not about roles though, Pettersson’s role is to provide offence but that doesn't excuse him from playing a string defensive role when needed. 

Goldobin is abysmal at best defensively and that is inexcusible and that is why he is still sitting. 

I'm not arguing about Goldobin's 'defensive play' (it's more his battle/attack/puck pursuit... but I digress). Go ahead and look in his player thread :lol:

That trade doesn't suit the team needs (we need potential top 6 players, we need to clear some redundant bottom 9 utility depth, we need to convert some of that depth to other futures/picks).

I would do Janmark for Goldobin because Goldobin won’t be an asset at all past this year when he isn’t re-signed and heads to the KHL.

You try Janmark on the 2nd line for a while, he hasn’t been given that sort of role much so there could be a surprise and chemistry.  If not, you can move a couple of him/Sutter/Granlund at the deadline for some younger skill coming back and another crack at finding a top 6 LW.

11 hours ago, coryberg said:

:bigblush:

Screenshot_20190124-101048_Chrome.jpg

It’s that same keen eye for talent that’s helped Kladno, a team with a proud history of 50+ years playing at the top level of Czech hockey, get relegated to the second tier only a couple years after Jagr bought the team, and still failing to achieve promotion back to Extraliga after 7 years under Jagr’s ownership.

(;) mostly kidding. Jagr’s been good to his hometown team. Just thought it made for a funny story, given the quote.)

36 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

It’s that same keen eye for talent that’s helped Kladno, a team with a proud history of 50+ years playing at the top level of Czech hockey, get relegated to the second tier only a couple years after Jagr bought the team, and still failing to achieve promotion back to Extraliga after 7 years under Jagr’s ownership.

(;) mostly kidding. Jagr’s been good to his hometown team. Just thought it made for a funny story, given the quote.)

Jagr and Gretzky.  Two phenomenal players.  Two crapy management types.  

It seems like Dallas is looking for top 6 scoring and RD (aside from Klingberg, they are quite weak). Also it seems they would be willing to part with some mid-20 guys for more veteran experience in a playoff push eg. Shore for Cogliano.

With that said, I don't really see a fit for a deal with us here. Baertschi might be a boost to their top 6, but not for any of the pieces available here. They could use a Tanev/Gudbranson, but also not worth any piece here. I might do a Goldobin for Nichushkin deal. Janmark is similar to Granlund with more speed, so unless they want to make that swap, I don't see much need here. Not interested in Ritchie unless it's for Schaller. If Honka is available, I'd consider Goldobin or Pouliot for him.

I can't see many deals happening between Dallas and Vancouver with the owners and what happened with Hamhuis.

14 hours ago, coryberg said:

Yeah benning wouldn't waive one of his failed UFA signings... ask gagne.

He said it was one of the toughest discussions he had to have with Aquilini.  How many failed signings can he really make until it starts counting against him?

Even the 'best' players who get waived are bottom 6 forwards, 3rd pairing d-men, depth goalies.

JB has taken care of all the issues we had in those areas. We need top players to finish the rebuild. The waiver wire is not where we will find them ! Stop slotting each and every waived player into our line up !

Vancouver hasn't created the space to let any of their Utica prospects have any games unless you put Gaudette in that category. Bringing in other teams waivers means little unless a gift. Leivo was a cheap pickup, pretty much a gift. Keep looking Jimmy, keep your powder dry! 

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:25 AM, D-Money said:

37 games played, ZERO goals.

$2.95M cap hit, this year and next. I suspect negative value - I wouldn't be surprised if he clears waivers.

You know who should trade for him? Edmonton! Spooner + a pick. Both sides get a shake-up, Dallas gets potentially more speed. But if VN doesn't work out in Edmonton, he's still young enough to get a 1/3 buyout. Spooner is past 26, so he will cost twice as much to buy out.

Edmonton doesn't have a buyout available until after his contract would run out, that is how much of a mess they are

Archived