The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jonathan Dahlen to Sharks for Linus Karlsson

• 6 months later...
On 11/4/2021 at 8:09 AM, wai_lai416 said:

Lol? All I said is he doesn't have the foot speed right now to make it in the NHL and he's a fringe nhler at best? What does that have to do with writing him off as a failure? A fringe nhler vs one with top 6 potential. 

You can book it he's not going to sign with the Canucks..  why would he sign his elc with the Canucks when he's going to be a free agent and can sign with any team that wants him? U don't think if the canucks think of him as part of the future they would have already signed him to a elc and not wait til we about to lose his rights for nothing? The canucks can't afford to sign him to a elc during the summer and let him play in Europe? There's now 0 reason for Linus Karlsson to sign his elc and not go the free agent route if he continues his pace in Europe. 

The trade was a terrible trade. I don't care if we traded dahlen or not. But the trade for Karlsson is a terrible one regardless of what u think or what I think about his skill speed or whatever. Coz as it stands unless he miraculously signs his elc with the Canucks when there's no reason to. The trade ends up as burrows for nothing.

::D

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

To rub it in the faces of all the people that kept bumping this thread early last season when Dahlen was on his little hot streak. 

Fun fact: Chaisson finished the season with one more point then Dahlen. Also finished a +5, as opposed to Dahlen's -25.

Bingo.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Sign him and win the trade! Side note he’s a pretty good friend of Elias Pettersson. Maybe giving Dahlen a chance to grind it out in the minors and if  the kid eventually makes it could maybe help extending Pettersson long term.

I didn't like the rumblings about his poor character.  

We may not even have a spot for Linus or Nils Aman on the big club.  We'll have plenty of Swedes in Abby.  

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I didn't like the rumblings about his poor character.  

We may not even have a spot for Linus or Nils Aman on the big club.  We'll have plenty of Swedes in Abby.  

Yeah that is a good point! Don’t want him blocking our other prospects who also deserve a chance!