The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brogan Rafferty | D

GoldenAlien

15 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Got a gut feeling Brogan Rafferty will make the Canucks out of camp this coming season

Very impressive start. Amazed that he has sight in only one eye. Don't know how he does it. Let's face t the Van d-core will have openings. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/27/2019 at 2:45 AM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

A54B0C88-1C8C-49F3-BF30-BA555150B0A2.thumb.png.f7360b885daab432d356df74ea342ec7.png

It’s just a weird quirk, as outlined above.

That will surely be adjusted ( downwards) when he signs his new contract prior to 1st July ??

I like what I saw of this kid, he's cool on the puck and wants to make a play. The signing bonus suggests to me Vcr wasn't the only team interested in signing him ie there was a demand for his skills. I hope there is no need to go through another Stecher treatment ie send him down to Utica when in fact Stecher should have made the team from the very start of the season. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:19 PM, Kootenay Gold said:

Got a gut feeling Brogan Rafferty will make the Canucks out of camp this coming season

Brogan Rafferty is a complete D man doesn't panic plays  a safe game good first pass can skate the puck up if needed . not afraid of the rough stuff and has a good stiff stick?? what?? Will look good on the third pairing, Juolevi and Rafferty playing together on the third pair

1 hour ago, vannuck59 said:

Brogan Rafferty is a complete D man doesn't panic plays  a safe game good first pass can skate the puck up if needed . not afraid of the rough stuff and has a good stiff stick?? what?? Will look good on the third pairing, Juolevi and Rafferty playing together on the third pair

I really liked what I saw in the couple of games he had at the end of the season; he is definitely not shy of the physical side of the game.

Not to sound like a worried Grandma(just don't run w/scissors now!)..but is this young bloke okay when it comes to fisticuffs? Does he really have one wonky eye?

Does he have an extra-protective visor? Would hate to see a young kid like this hurt his better eye. Ayye laddies...

On 4/26/2019 at 3:53 PM, Ray_Cathode said:

Baker Street.  Good stuff. I actually still have many games f those old records - the vinyl has a warmer sound.

For the youngins' also recommend Rafferty's tune, "Get it Right Next Time"..Man, that's a sweeet , smooth 70's tune(should've been a bigger hit). Great sax, like Baker St

Life is a liar yeah, life is a cheat

It'll lead you on & pull the ground from underneath yer feet

No use complainin', don't you worry, don't you whine

Cos' if you get it wrong, you'll get it right next time

You gotta grow, you gotta learn by your mistakes

You gotta die a little every day, just to try & stay awake

When you believe there's no mtn you can climb

And if you get it wrong you'll get it right next time(next time)

On 4/29/2019 at 5:50 AM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

No adjustments needed.

Rafferty’s contract was $832,500 annual salary and $92,500 signing bonus. It’s just that he was only here for four days, so he received the full $92,500 signing bonus, but only 4/186 of his annual salary (so only $17,903 out of the $832,500).

The “cap hit” of $5,133,750 is just an imaginary number that doesn’t really mean much. His actual cap amount, relative to the (annual) upper limit, was quite small, as it was only charged for those four days.

Put another way, Rafferty’s impact on the team annual cap limit was $5,133,750 x 4/186 or $110,403 of annual cap space charged against the $79,500,000 upper limit (salary cap). Basically, a negligible amount, in terms of actual operations relative to the cap.

Had Rafferty been signed for only the last day of the season, to an identical contract to the one he received, his “cap hit” would have been listed at over $18 million, but his actual impact on the team’s annual cap figure would be only $96,976.

Thanks SID for explaining that. I had to read it twice as I got a brain cramp the first time. ::D

I like the mix of young guys pushing for spots next year.  

Teves

Rafferty

Juolevi

Hughes

Woo

Sautner 

Brisbiois 

Etc   

A bottom up defence makeover.  Cheap contracts and guys who can travel waiver free between the AHL and NHL. 

Resign Edler and start chopping dead weight.  Hopefully we see one or two more guys replaced thru competition.  

• Cheers 2