The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Signing) Flyers re-sign Kevin Hayes

Pears

15 minutes ago, billabong said:

Besides from panarin and duchene, There isn’t a single UFA who is worth over 7m on a long term deal 

pass on all of them if it goes that high

this is gonna be summer of 2016 all over again

Lock up JB 

Just now, JamesBlondage said:

Ouch! Why do these GMs keep doing this too themselves??

Well, the shelf life of GMs isn’t too long. Their goal is to win. Quite honestly, they don’t care about, what will likely be, someone else’s problem in 5 years, if the team doesn’t succeed. If they do and make it far into the playoffs or win the Cup, they don’t care about those last few years.

• Upvote 1

He was on pace for 64 points last year, which is low-end 1st line numbers. I'd say that's overpayment, but not by as much as I initially thought. I'd say he's worth $6.5M maybe.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, KeslerWho? said:

Ooof. None of these deals are going to help us with the Boeser signing

UFA vs RFA, but ya I get what your saying. The Laine and Marner contracts are going to be real interesting. 

Edited by rekker

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

He was on pace for 64 points last year, which is low-end 1st line numbers. I'd say that's overpayment, but not by as much as I initially thought. I'd say he's worth $6.5M maybe.

But also by far his best output in a contract year; the first year he'd cracked 50 points.  His output prior to last season was so consistent I'd be surprised if this wasn't a career year.

31 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

In related news, the NHL has advised Chuck Fletcher that management is also eligible for the league's substance abuse program.

That would explain that insane amount of cocaine they busted in Philly today. 

Has never broken 50 points.  Has never played a full 82 game season.  Prone to bad penalties.  But still defensively responsible, scores more 5v5 than on the pp

Hey, let's give him $7.14 million

They seriously bought out MacDonald and just wasted that space in a day.  GMs cannot control themselves

• Upvote 1