The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Soderstrom at 11, guess I shouldn’t have been peer pressured by fans and media to not support him at 10. Was on his train all year, but Pod at 10 is too good to pass up. Arizona got a good one. 

If the majority of the guys we thought were going to be gone were selected, I too wanted Soderstrom. So, I'm with ya! 

Did not expect to get Podkolzin - until literally the minutes before the pick when he remained on the board.

Thought he'd go closer to 7....and that we'd get Seider at 10.

Anyhow, aside from not being a RHD, a pretty ideal next best add in terms of organizational need.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Stelar said:

You would think after the Pettersson draft that CDC members would temper their stupid comments for fear of looking dumb a year from now. I trust in our scouts. 

Exactly.  I was one of the only guys here on the Pettersson train from before his draft in a sea of Cody Glass fans.

Those same Glass fans are here trashing this pick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

The CBA/league rules stops clubs from purchasing contracts from each other.  Are you sure it stops from buying them from other leagues?

Yeah. A team isn’t allowed to buy out the contract.  The player has to do it himself. 

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

The CBA/league rules stops clubs from purchasing contracts from each other.  Are you sure it stops from buying them from other leagues?

Positive.  It's considered salary.  

1 minute ago, Stelar said:

You would think after the Pettersson draft that CDC members would temper their stupid comments for fear of looking dumb a year from now. I trust in our scouts. 

Indeed. Which is such a nice change from the rest of my life as a Canucks fan...  ;)