The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

Just now, The Great 8 said:

That speed. That pass to create a two on 1. He’s very similar to Virtanen in his build the biggest difference between the two is his drive and hockey IQ. I was sceptical about his Hockey IQ at first but it seems pretty obvious that he’s got that.

That backcheck thing he does.. its like every single time the other team has the puck LOL.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

I was going to say a Horvatcian Datsyuk……….an extremely strong and smart critter, tenacious in character.

One would say Dogged

He actually reminds me of Hossa -- left shot right winger, good size, powerful skater, relentless in all three zones, nice puck skills and hockey IQ.  Hossa was a 60+pt player virtually his entire career... one could only hope.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GoldenAlien said:

He actually reminds me of Hossa -- left shot right winger, good size, powerful skater, relentless in all three zones, nice puck skills and hockey IQ.  Hossa was a 60+pt player virtually his entire career... one could only hope.

Hosea as a really good comparable, but Podz brings a meanness Hosea never had.  Podz is kind of a unique player, because of his mean streak. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

I was going to say a Horvatcian Datsyuk……….an extremely strong and smart critter, tenacious in character.

One would say Dogged 

Brindamour, Horvat, Stone etc....  

Strong self driven PF types that play a complete game.  

Now we can see why Podz was ranked so highly early.  A great selection at 10.  He will be a guy that becomes a top 5 pick in the redraft, Hogs becomes a top 20 pick and Keppen moves up into the top 45.  

Just another JB and Brackett draft.  

Gotta say with Miller, Ferland and Pearson on the roster and Podz, Keppen, Lind and Gadz in the system does JV have a place here long term?  

Time to boost his value and see if he can bring it or not.  

5 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

LOL I was going to to post the same thing. Podz is a skating wise, his effort is almost carbon copy of Rod Brind'Amour. Man oh man, we got a good one if he every comes to even half the player Brind Amour was

Brind'Amour was nicknamed Rod the Bod.

If Vasily develops into a player like him, I shall call him Pod the Bod!  :towel:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

Brindamour, Horvat, Stone etc....  

Strong self driven PF types that play a complete game.  

Now we can see why Podz was ranked so highly early.  A great selection at 10.  He will be a guy that becomes a top 5 pick in the redraft, Hogs becomes a top 20 pick and Keppen moves up into the top 45.  

Just another JB and Brackett draft.  

Gotta say with Miller, Ferland and Pearson on the roster and Podz, Keppen, Lind and Gadz in the system does JV have a place here long term?  

Time to boost his value and see if he can bring it or not.  

Dont forget MacEwen he still has top 9 potential. Has edge to his game. 

If Virtanen continues to dissapoint this year, he will be traded. Most likely as part of a package for a top 6 player. 

I would really like us to go after Reaves next offseason. Ferland, Miller, Roussel, Reaves, Tryamkin. Ohhhhh boy. 

• Upvote 1