The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Podkolzin’s English is pretty good.  I wonder how his young wife will adjust to living here?  I’m thinking younger players’ wives and girl friends will include her in stuff.  

I hope she has some help on that front. They look like a nice couple tho, I'm happy for this kid its all breaking his way. Nice to see. 

• Like 2

It is very early....and it may be some KGB arranged Mob wedding. None the less, I like seeing prospects take on big life experiences outside of hockey. To me it shows that he is not wanting to be some playboy on the road and focus more on things that matter to him, like family and hockey.

8 minutes ago, RecklessReilly said:

It is very early....and it may be some KGB arranged Mob wedding. None the less, I like seeing prospects take on big life experiences outside of hockey. To me it shows that he is not wanting to be some playboy on the road and focus more on things that matter to him, like family and hockey.

I don't think he is going to ruin his career like Virtanen did. 

I am glad another local guy Milan Lucic (Lučić) was stubborn enough to push for his surname to be pronounced the right way [Lju-cheech] instead of plain English [Lu-keek] :lol:

BTW Canucks signed two Czech forward "twins" - Lukas Jasek and Karel Plasek. Obviously their name spelling in NA is wrong.

- Lukas Jasek (Lukáš Jašek) should be pronounced [Lu-kash Ja-shek]

- Karel Plasek (Karel Plášek) should be pronounced [Ka-rel Pla-shek].

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

"That's a small body, gentlemen. That's a small body."

6'1 -212 lbs not even 20, Podkolzin will fill out and play at 220 lbs, by time he is 23..Big #92 will have fan excited with his game....

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

His hands and feet are massive.  He's probably still growing.  I'm thinking he's gonna come to training camp at 6'3" 215 pounds...

By the way Petey likes Mrs. Podkolzin...  :wub:

Don't start controversy EP40! Hop in your Audi & cool down with some technical-precision...

• Haha 2