The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade J.T. Miller to Canucks for Marek Mazanec, 2019 3rd-round pick, 2020 conditional 1st-round pick

3 minutes ago, The Great Canucks said:

It disgusts me how many pathetic losers are on here actually afraid of us trying to get better. It's like some of you want us to be stuck in a perpetual rebuild.

Easy man..... tad extreme...

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I'm loving the ironing oozing out of the #proper-rebuild pick talk.

the #proper-rebuild just spent a 1st round pick to dump one year of Patrick Marleau contract muahahaha.

Benning just spent a future 1st to acquire a principal top 6 need in his prime - big, fast, gritty two way player - and exactly what the forward group needed.

Ok carry on with the nancy-show y'all.

What an authoritarian intolerant twat.  If you can't understand why some people don't like this trade after Benning promising not to trade firsts at this stage in our rebuild, then you're just plain thick.  And to pile on with the sexist nonsense at the end.  Get stuffed.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

Well the only reason they traded him was because they need the space to resign their players, they took 0 salary back.  You can argue value, but not if this was a cap dump.

Also, according to your own arguments about Toronto.  I guess since we've traded our 1st away, rebuild is over and we have to make it to the 2nd round or this is an EPIC fail eh?  Let's see how it goes.  

He's out of draft picks to give away so I doubt he has more trades up his sleeve. 

Irony:  Saying 1st round picked Boeser and 1st round picked Horvat needed 1st round picked Miller to play with.  But the 1st round pick we just traded away MAYBE develops into a guy who plays 300 games.  

lmao indeed

Proven asset for an unproven asset that is 3-5 years away 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

He's signed for 4 more years at a great cap hit for what he brings.  How is that short term thinking?  He'll fit right in with the older core guys like Bo and Baer and be an important veteran element for playoffs.

I don't like giving up a first, but you have to give to get and this is a hockey trade, not a cap dump.

Because when most of our young core is in their prime Miller will be over 30 and probably closer to his mid 30's.

Miller has been bad in the Playoffs. He has 3 goals in over 60 playoff games on some good teams. 

The thing is, we could've just said no to this deal. There was no mystical force saying that the Canucks absolutely had to acquire Miller or else. It's not that hard and Miller is not a good enough piece back to warrant giving up our 1st. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Aladeen said:

It disgusts me how many people on here can’t accept that others may have a different opinion than them and have to resort to anyone as a “pathetic loser”. Also those same people that are content in being a middling team that at best squeaks into the playoffs or just misses them rather than building a team that can compete for the Stanley cup for many years in a row. That’s just my opinion though so.

Then keep crying.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

Just now, Maniwaki Canuck said:

What an authoritarian intolerant twat.  If you can't understand why some people don't like this trade after Benning promising not to trade firsts at this stage in our rebuild, then you're just plain thick.  And to pile on with the sexist nonsense at the end.  Get stuffed.

Lol.

1 minute ago, CanadianRugby said:

Well the only reason they traded him was because they need the space to resign their players, they took 0 salary back.  You can argue value, but not if this was a cap dump.

Your weak logic may satisfy your need to mope, but you're outsmarting yourself with this drivel about a cap dump.

A cap dump would be Callahan.

This is moving cap - it is not moving a dump.

Huge difference.

There is absolutely no way Tampa would not prefer to move someone else's contract - and carry on with a contending lineup without the likes of Callahan - or even Johnson - limting their flexibility.

But it seems you might be distracted and confused on the cap dump front.

Spending a 1st round pick to dump one year of Patrick Marleau - that is a prototypical cap dump.

I'd love to hear your Leaf-fluffing spin on that one.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, The Great Canucks said:

Then keep crying.

Yah I cry about anything hockey related :rolleyes:you need to check your emotions if people that have a different opinion than you can get you so riled up.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Yeah, Miller will have to light it up and be a fan favourite for me to like this one.  Helping out another team AND giving up a first is tough.

Bo Horvat .33 points per minute

JT Miller .30

he will be loved here. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

Your weak logic may satisfy your need to mope, but you're outsmarting yourself with this drivel about a cap dump.

A cap dump would be Callahan.

This is moving cap - it is not moving a dump.

Huge difference.

There is absolutely no way Tampa would not prefer to move someone else's contract - and carry on with a contending lineup without the likes of Callahan - or even Johnson - limting their flexibility.

But it seems you might be distracted and confused on the cap dump front.

Spending a 1st round pick to dump one year of Patrick Marleau - that is a prototypical cap dump.

I'd love to hear your Leaf-fluffing spin on that one.

You're so far up JB it’s just sad lol

2 minutes ago, Maketherightmove said:

This will be a trade that is universally hated in 2 years time and looking back on this thread will be hilarious. JT Miller is not a needle moving player. You don’t use a first and third to acquire this. Absolutely bizarre move for a team with many holes still to fill. 

Says the dude after a hole is filled...

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, The Great Canucks said:

It disgusts me how many pathetic losers are on here actually afraid of us trying to get better. It's like some of you want us to be stuck in a perpetual rebuild.

I dunno if it disgusts me but I agree. It's especially prevalent on HF. The attitude that the Canucks are in "no position" to trade first round picks. It's such a ridiculous mindset that makes no sense. Any team at any point in their franchise should be looking to improve their team, whether "rebuilding" or competing. Each and every off-season all 31 GMs try to improve their team. But in some peoples mind because we're "rebuilding" it's pointless to add good players, because you know, better to "rebuild" than actually improve the team. 

The fact is, this off-season we've added a top 4 D in Hughes, and a top 6 player in Miller. He put up 47 this past season in a mostly bottom six role from what I read from Lightning fans. The two years prior he put 56 & 58. The team is going to be better. It's not going to be a lottery pick. 

If the pick is a lottery pick in 2021 the Canucks have more issues than that pick. But thankfully, we the improvements from the young forward, the fact the team can still improve, teams around us can fall off, it's not going to come down to that.