The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Montreal Offer Sheets Aho

Just now, Brad Marchand said:

Loving the drama of the NHL and NBA offseasons so far.

NBA off seasons are wild. Half the NBA switches teams. It’s like Fantasy League. 

Thank god NHL is not like that.

6 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

AVS would love to have a top6 scoring winger.  Maybe they offersheet Boeser?

How about Hughes or EP next cpl years if some team did that. Would you love that also?

This is a terrible move by Bergevin.

He'll be blacklisted by other GMs

It's in the rules and we can offer sheet as well. I'm all for it. 

Just now, WHL rocks said:

Think he's right. I don't think Boeser played 10 games his 1st year. Just off memory. I think that's the rule. 

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Right forgot he played less than 10 games his first year 

Yeah I forgot he didn't play 10 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, rekker said:

Ferraro needs to stick to color commenting at games. I love his honesty during games. But he is a baffoon at most everything else. 

I agree.  There are times when I actually appreciate listiening to the guy - and that's when - as you say - he's down between the benches and in an element he seems to get.  But when it comes to commenting on managing hockey teams, he's just horrible - completely dumbfounded by borderline no-brainer decisions that franchises make.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

If Carolina matches they potentially have a locker room issue now. How will Aho’s teammates feel about him signing with another team? 

Every one of them would do the same thing if it meant getting the contract they are worth.

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

If Carolina matches they potentially have a locker room issue now. How will Aho’s teammates feel about him signing with another team? 

I don’t see that as a problem. The players understand the nature of the business. Any one of them would be lying if they say they wouldn’t sign a deal with those kind of bonuses.

Carolina will match anyways. They’re more likely going to be happy that they won’t lose their star player.

• Cheers 1