The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Micheal Ferland

9 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I guess anything to distract from the fact that they are now officially the softest team in the league. 

Who do they have with gritty mitts??  I don’t really see anyone in their group of forwards,.  And on D, Maybe Old Man Muzzin. ;) 

Edited by SilentSam
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Clearly you're not paying attention. They actually offered him more money and term to stay reportedly. He turned them down. Wanted to play in Canada by the sounds of it.

To be fair though, I believe that was an offer earlier in the season before he trailed off. Bottom line is that this is where he wants to play; we would be stupid to believe he didn't have other options.

We can only hope Benning did his due dilligence from a durability perspective -  but in my eyes, the deal looks very fair to me for the snarl he brings and his ability to play pretty much anywhere in the lineup. Discussions around Ferland felt he would get around 4.5 to 5 or even more until he signed with us, so it is really hard to dispute the value here, imo.

1 minute ago, kloubek said:

To be fair though, I believe that was an offer earlier in the season before he trailed off. Bottom line is that this is where he wants to play; we would be stupid to believe he didn't have other options.

We can only hope Benning did his due dilligence from a durability perspective -  but in my eyes, the deal looks very fair to me for the snarl he brings and his ability to play pretty much anywhere in the lineup. Discussions around Ferland felt he would get around 4.5 to 5 or even more until he signed with us, so it is really hard to dispute the value here, imo.

*Injured. 

50 minutes ago, Noseforthenet said:

Just a less occupied person. I don't care that much. Again, this is a forum to discuss this stuff. Team doctors will check out all their signings. You invest millions of dollars into an asset, you do THAT, at least. That's common sense.  That being said, any other issues a player might have between the ears can be a subjective thing. That plus the NHL isn't known for being good about dealing with head injuries on the whole. Which is WHY I'm not going to be a homer on this signing like everyone else is. 

Carolina decided that he wasn't part of the solution after making it to the conference finals as a team. They could have signed him for less than what he signed for here with the tax laws there. The team is on the up and up. Why leave there to come here? Even with the Aho offer sheet, it doesn't make a difference. My guess is that they didn't want HIM. I hope that's not the case though. As a fan, I want to see the team get better.

It appears you did not bother keeping informed on the situation.

Carolina wanted to keep Ferland but during the year when they negotiated, Ferland was asking for big term and big dollars. Negotiations soured and they parted ways. Free agency hit and Ferland learned he had to take less dollars and less term. Carolina would have gladly kept him for what the Canucks signed him for.

Just go read the Carolina boards and you would know this.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, EoH said:

At least the article acknowledges that we’re gonna in the playoffs....one step towards the right direction ! 

Cool, then it also means we are now where the Leafs were 3 years ago... all done their rebuild, and cup contenders!

Edited by Hutton Wink
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

It appears you did not bother keeping informed on the situation.

Carolina wanted to keep Ferland but during the year when they negotiated, Ferland was asking for big term and big dollars. Negotiations soured and they parted ways. Free agency hit and Ferland learned he had to take less dollars and less term. Carolina would have gladly kept him for what the Canucks signed him for.

Just go read the Carolina boards and you would know this.

Apparently you missed the key part about:

57 minutes ago, Noseforthenet said:

Just a less occupied person. I don't care that much.

Yet much more interested in making baseless assertions and accusations, and stating opinions based on nothing factual, just complete fabrication.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Who do they have with gritty mitts??  I don’t really see anyone in their group of forwards,.  And on D, Maybe Old Man Muzzin. ;) 

Of course, strictly comparing Moore to Ferland is an entirely unfair practice, especially when accounting for the latter’s surplus of NHL experience and inherent playing style which features oodles of “grit”, “jam” and any other single-syllable descriptor for physicality that is simple enough to say without developing a migraine.

Related image

2 hours ago, EoH said:

At least the article acknowledges that we’re gonna in the playoffs....one step towards the right direction ! 

And that happens to be exactly the mandate Benning was issued by the owners for

this season.

If Benning is able to rebuild a fast declining team into the playoffs, then Benning is able to build a playoff team to win a Cup.

Edited by Me_

8 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

I think I lost brain cells reading that. Why compare their verson of Tyler Motte to Ferlund? 

Bragging out how cheap your bottom 6 is? It's because they're bad. Real bad. Bragging that your whole bottom 6 costs as much as Ferlund?

How's this one Horvat 5.5+ Pettersson 0.925 = 6.475 vs Nylander = 6.9

Boy Genius knows how to sniff out the dealz!  Look at that Marincin, Tyler Ennis, and Kenny.  Plus Nick Shore!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, oldnews said:

Lets compare a 24 year old with 25 nhl games and 8 points with a guy who has back to back 40 point seasons and think it proves Dubas is a god.

Honestly,only a leafs homer could ve this stupid. They just signed two comparable point producers to similar contracts....yet they get no mention as comparables? 

This goof didnt even know Boeser could not be offer sheeted. And he seems to have forgotten that Boeser aint going to get what his boy Dumbas will have to pay Marner.

• Cheers 1