The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Micheal Ferland

Now it's really getting crowded up front. And we're gunna have to get out from under a contract in a perfect world.

This is where past contracts, some of which unnecessary, like Eriksson / Schaller / Beagle / Sutter become problematic.

Apparently Jake Gardiner wanted to come to Van, if we could move Tanev & Sutter/Eriksson Id look at that, then move Benn to the right side.

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ferland   Pettersson   Boeser

Miller      Horvat          Pearson

Leivo      Sutter           Virtanen

Motte     Beagle         MacEwen    -  41.8

Goldobin

Roussel

Edler          Myers

Hughes      Tanev

Benn          Stecher

Fatenberg   Biega                          -  23.4

Markstrom   Demko                       -  4.7

Luongo - 3.033

Spooner - 1.033

Eriksson (Utica) - 5

Schaller(Utica) - .9

Baertschi is traded for a pick

Gaudette, Bailey, Teves, Rafferty, Brisebois and Sautner all to Utica

Total cap hit = 79.87

We can actually fit Ferland into the roster at $3.5 million even if we keep Sutter, Goldobin and Tanev and send Eriksson to the minors.  The only player needed to be moved is Baertschi.  And even he can stay on the roster opening night if Roussel in on LTIR.

Not sure why some of you just don't do the math.  It all works folks.  This team is going to be hard to play against.  I love this move.  Playoffs here we come!!!!

Hey little Johnny, Micheal says hi!!!!  ::D

Isnt eriksson 6 and schaller 1.9?

57 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Meh, if the refs let us get away with taking runs at players without penalties, we’d win a lot of series ourselves.  Imagine Torres with an immunity idol?  Heck, Aaron Rome got crucified for a less than second late hit in the Finals.

Fixed

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ferland   Pettersson   Boeser

Miller      Horvat          Pearson

Leivo      Sutter           Virtanen

Motte     Beagle         MacEwen    -  41.8

Goldobin

Roussel

Edler          Myers

Hughes      Tanev

Benn          Stecher

Fatenberg   Biega                          -  23.4

Markstrom   Demko                       -  4.7

Luongo - 3.033

Spooner - 1.033

Eriksson (Utica) - 5

Schaller(Utica) - .9

Baertschi is traded for a pick

Gaudette, Bailey, Teves, Rafferty, Brisebois and Sautner all to Utica

Total cap hit = 79.87

We can actually fit Ferland into the roster at $3.5 million even if we keep Sutter, Goldobin and Tanev and send Eriksson to the minors.  The only player needed to be moved is Baertschi.  And even he can stay on the roster opening night if Roussel in on LTIR.

Not sure why some of you just don't do the math.  It all works folks.  This team is going to be hard to play against.  I love this move.  Playoffs here we come!!!!

Hey little Johnny, Micheal says hi!!!!  ::D

I'd rather see if there was a taker for Loui + Baertshi for a low pick in return. Like Loui + Baertshi for a 3rd or a 4th (or a 5th).

Cap floor teams might be interested in that. Cost controlled top6 player and a Loui for cheap.

11 minutes ago, Pickly said:

3 20 goal scorers on your 2nd line is far from terrible there Metal Face. 

I guess you've never taken into account chemistry or synergy.  Just because you have 3 20 goal scorers, that won't necessarily translate into a good line.  It's pretty apparent Bo's line would need another guy who can drop some assists on a consistent basis.  

I truly did not see this coming - figured we'd sign Brock and that would be it for the season

That being said - this (is?) a great signing as long as price and term are right. We certainly have a different looking team heading into the season

Bring on the season openers 

14 minutes ago, John McClane said:

What if JB is signing Fer because he is including Jake as the add on to get Louie out?

Louie + Jake, to mystery team.

For

X

I hope not. But .........

why would he?  Jake is outstanding value for the money paid.  Sutter, Baer and Tanev are the likely candidates and I don't see Loui going anywhere.

• Upvote 1