The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Micheal Ferland

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

J.T. Miller

Everybody has already forgotten about this one it seems. Another bigger body who can play up and down the lineup, and has speed and skill to boot.

We have a legit forward group now, with or without Loui.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I said after the Panarin signing I am unsure how they'll actually be doing moving forward.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/rangers

Not a bunch of defensive depth and Trouba will earn the large and while Staal and Lundquist are coming off the books soon as is shattenkirk in the next 2 years.  There is now a lot of money that will be tied up between Trouba, Panarin and Hayes 

I am jealous of their visible assets but not as jealous of their spending and lack of depth moving forward

While I agree that NYR is in probable cap trouble, Hayes is with the Flyers now so his $7M+ contract is Philly's problem.

NYR should be able to weather the storm soon but they have to make some moves to clear cap.  Their prospects played pretty well last year so assuming they take a step forward, the depth may not be that bad.  They are certainly banking a lot on their stars and their prospects though.

My guess is NYR will buyout Shattenkirk to clear some cap space and then trade Kreider at some point this season.  There will probably be other moves.

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If you send them to the minors $1 million is taken off their cap hits.

I'm not convinced that Schaller doesn't get picked up from Waivers anyway. His contract is low enough, and with a year from expiry he might just get plucked.

Loui might be trade bait if he clears, too. Much like Gagner was.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Pickly said:

You mean another bonafide top 6 winger which would have to be expensively acquired via trade. Plus, Pearson was on a 35 goal per season pace playing with Bo at the end of the season. That seems like chemistry to me. 

Pearson and Bo are fine.  I don't think plugging in Ferland there makes the best line with our lineup.  

I predict Ferland playing with Petey and Brock.  With JT Miller playing with Pearson and Bo.    How the PP looks like will be an entirely different scenario.

Edited by Metal Face Doom

What if we push Boeser back to play with Bo again? 

Ferland - Petey - Miller 

Pearson - Horvat - Boeser 

Baer - Sutter - Virt 

Size, skill and scoring from all three lines? 

Just now, 73 Percent said:

Can you find me more info on this? Never heard of this before.

The last CBA addressed the issue of burying big cap hits in the minors by placing a top end limit on how much of a cap hit can be buried. The max is somewhere around 1 million. So if you send Eriksson down, 5 mil of his cap hit still counts towards Vancouverd cap. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2