The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Micheal Ferland

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Now it's really getting crowded up front. And we're gunna have to get out from under a contract in a perfect world.

This is where past contracts, some of which unnecessary, like Eriksson / Schaller / Beagle / Sutter become problematic.

Apparently Jake Gardiner wanted to come to Van, if we could move Tanev & Sutter/Eriksson Id look at that, then move Benn to the right side.

If those past contracts keep Gardiner out of here, then thank goodness. I'd argue without those contracts, guys like Ferland might want to take on more to eat up the wiggle room we would have. Beagle is excellent, Sutter if healthy is fine and Schaller could easily be waived, so no problems here. Eriksson is overpaid, but you don't plan for a free agency 3 years down the road because who knows who would actually be available then and be willing to sign here.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Monty said:

Not Hayes. That’s Philly.

You're right, it's Kreider I am thinking of.  He's getting Hayes money  and soon.  There's a mess of ugly contracts coming due in the big Apple and while I look at their up front prospects and want them.  I don't envy their issues moving forward

2 minutes ago, Metal Face Doom said:

I guess you've never taken into account chemistry or synergy.  Just because you have 3 20 goal scorers, that won't necessarily translate into a good line.  It's pretty apparent Bo's line would need another guy who can drop some assists on a consistent basis.  

J.T. Miller

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

$3.5 Million and 4 years is a bit high considering Vancouver still has Sutter, Eriksson, and Beagle and are in cap troubles.  So I am a bit worried on the future cap implications. 

just take a look at cap friendly... who do we have to sign next year that makes you so worried? 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Metal Face Doom said:

I guess you've never taken into account chemistry or synergy.  Just because you have 3 20 goal scorers, that won't necessarily translate into a good line.  It's pretty apparent Bo's line would need another guy who can drop some assists on a consistent basis.  

You mean another bonafide top 6 winger which would have to be expensively acquired via trade. Plus, Pearson was on a 35 goal per season pace playing with Bo at the end of the season. That seems like chemistry to me. 

• Upvote 3