The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Sven Baertschi

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 hours ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

It looks like this may be the case.        

Don’t you just love our depth up front though?    Ferland, Motte, and Roussel are all out, and this team won’t even blink an eye.    This is the type of depth that Benning and management had in mind when they took over  back in 2014.

I think this calls for a Hindustan Smyl trade proposal thread.

Yes I was the Swami last night...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hockeygod77 said:

who will  be the police man now...i guess benn can still throw them...then you got Virtanen and myers or edler but up front it would be beagle and schaller that will have to drop gloves i guess..

Beagle/Leivo/Schaller/Miller can all hold their own. 

I have always disliked the staged fights!!! If yer miffed and someone disses yas, then drop em and sort it out!!! Those are the intense battles that are worth watching.

To see a guy get injured from a staged fight..... well. Too bad he couldn't wait til Rouselle was ready.

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

What I don’t get is why they would let him fly home. Shouldn’t he rest a few days before flying? The air pressure can’t be any good 

Yeah - I'd think you'd want to avoid the change in altitude.  Flying is one of the worst things you can do with a concussion.

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

What I don’t get is why they would let him fly home. Shouldn’t he rest a few days before flying? The air pressure can’t be any good 

I had to miss 3 months of work one time due to a concussion.  They sent me to this place in keefer plaza (right by Rogers arena) for rehab.  I had to take the skytrain there every day and it sucked.  I felt much worse when I was on the skytrain.  However my understanding is that going on an airplane (or in my case the skytrain) would only cause symptoms to flare up or worsen.  Flying shouldn't increase the damage done to the brain or slow the healing process.    In other words, if you can handle it then it's fine.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have posted several times now that Ferland, Miller, Beagle and Sven are all concussion prone after the shear number they have suffered so far.

I even speculated that the "flu like symptoms" are similar to concussion symptoms

AND

there are idiots on the forum that just are pure all pro trolls, astro surfers that are here just squash any possible independent thought that smells of truth but may be taken in the negative.

Sven games are in a count down starting tonight, he will not get  through 30 games without the proverbial "upper body" injury or the "flu like symptoms".

No need to worry if he goes through waivers again, he didn't get picked up the first time, he is not likely  the second time, not with another year on his contract.

Edited by ItTakesAnArmy
  • Wat 1

44 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

Does Sven need to clear waivers to be sent back Down? I always get confused about this.

Only if he stays up here for a certain number of days or games. Something like 10 games or 21 days. Not sure on the exact numbers. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, #Canucks said:

Does Sven need to clear waivers to be sent back Down? I always get confused about this.

10 NHL games or 30 days.  

The team can elect to put him back on waivers earlier though - MacIntyre wrote that the Canucks were hoping he gets claimed.  

Edited by mll
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

To be honest, I want to see Baertschi put points on the board. We need to maintain momentum, espesially in secondary scoring, and Baer has had great momentum in Utica. I'm really hoping it translates.

You hope it translates? Baertschi is a legit 2nd line NHL winger so it has translated many years ago. In fact I was surprised he was waived.

3 hours ago, DefCon1 said:

You hope it translates? Baertschi is a legit 2nd line NHL winger so it has translated many years ago. In fact I was surprised he was waived.

Baertschi himself said the same thing when he was interviewed yesterday. It obviously translated for Gaudette last night. Hoping for the same with Baertschi. 

17 hours ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have posted several times now that Ferland, Miller, Beagle and Sven are all concussion prone after the shear number they have suffered so far.

I even speculated that the "flu like symptoms" are similar to concussion symptoms

AND

there are idiots on the forum that just are pure all pro trolls, astro surfers that are here just squash any possible independent thought that smells of truth but may be taken in the negative.

Sven games are in a count down starting tonight, he will not get  through 30 games without the proverbial "upper body" injury or the "flu like symptoms".

No need to worry if he goes through waivers again, he didn't get picked up the first time, he is not likely  the second time, not with another year on his contract.

I think you are right about Ferlund he has not played as I thought he would since signing here, he seems to be holding back somewhat. Before this last fight, he was talking to his last opponent which ended up they didn't fight after all. A bit odd. Before that, he had some mysterious illness. I think he should sit until he is completely clear of any symptoms.

Sven is damaged goods and that is probably why no other team wants him and JB is reluctant too. 

I didn't know about Miller and Beagle though.

• Upvote 1