The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sunday Morning Confessional at the Church of V

Rate this topic

VforVasili

3 hours ago, VforVirtanen said:

Creeeeeakk! 

Church doors now open. Sinners will be forgiven with only light shaming. 

It’s only going to get worse the longer you leave it. 

Come back and preach when he does this consistently for 5 seasons at a better rate than he currently is. Comparables being willy nylander and ehlers. #Virbusten 

:emot-parrot:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bobo1763 said:

Come back and preach when he does this consistently for 5 seasons at a better rate than he currently is. Comparables being willy nylander and ehlers. #Virbusten 

That’s what known as “moving the goalposts”. 5 years is your litmus test for consistency? If that’s the case how can you possibly have already formed an opinion on Nylander and Ehlers? They haven’t been at it long enough. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bobo1763 said:

Get back under your bridge.  Jake contributes to winning even when he’s not putting up points.  Clearly you’re not a Canuck’s fan if you prefer small, soft, perimeter players who disappear when tough games happen.  

4E7B2356-6037-47E5-AC70-BCD11C2EBCDC.jpeg

• Like 2

Gotta say, it's really nice to be able to take some of the ammunition away from the trolls. If Virtanen can keep up this level of play full time he will have at least partially justified his draft position. Not counting 2019 (still too early), that'll be 4 first round hits in 5 years for GMJB. Virtanen, Boeser, Petey, Hughes. 

On a side note, Juolevi's play has really picked up in Utica as well. 11 points in his last 11 games for 19 points in 33 games on the season, and that 'atrocious' +/- of his has completely evaporated, as he's now sitting at an even rating. If he were to pan out as a top 4 Dman as well, the trolls would literally have no ammo left at all. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, bobo1763 said:

Hey Loser Leaf’s fan.  I rarely report posters, but your early morning bravado got me riled. 

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hey Loser Leaf’s fan.  I rarely report posters, but your early morning bravado got me riled. 

Had a look and he has more than triple the rate of confused emojis than any other reaction. That should tell you something. 

Not someone one who is on these boards for reasonable debate. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VforVirtanen said:

Had a look and he has more than triple the rate of confused emojis than any other reaction. That should tell you something. 

Not someone one who is on these boards for reasonable debate. 

Bringing up Nylander and Ehlers is clearly an attempt to rile us true fans up.  What Canuck’s fan doesn’t want Jake to become a light top six power forward?  

27 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Gotta say, it's really nice to be able to take some of the ammunition away from the trolls. If Virtanen can keep up this level of play full time he will have at least partially justified his draft position. Not counting 2019 (still too early), that'll be 4 first round hits in 5 years for GMJB. Virtanen, Boeser, Petey, Hughes. 

On a side note, Juolevi's play has really picked up in Utica as well. 11 points in his last 11 games for 19 points in 33 games on the season, and that 'atrocious' +/- of his has completely evaporated, as he's now sitting at an even rating. If he were to pan When he inevitably pans out as a top 4 Dman as well, the trolls would literally have no ammo left at all. 

fixed

• Cheers 1

Glad you stopped harping on Marky and moved to a new target (think you would've learned by now):

Markstrom is actually so bad it’s hilarious

Quit trolling...were you never taught the "if you have nothing nice to say" deal?   Sure, criticism is fine...but keep it real.  I'm sure you can find something positive to say right now about Jake.   (How about those Maple Leafs though...good thing they have Nylander to save the day).

EDIT: While I never wrote off Jake, I will admit I did start to worry he wasn't going to "get it" once he came to camp out of shape. That's never ever a good sign. That said I'm glad my fears were put to rest.

Edited by Bitter Melon

Players like Jake with speed and size take longer to develop and can move up and down the lineup. Super valuable assets.

Glad the club was patient with Jake.  I have been a fan of his natural abilities and his development from the start.