The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames | Dec. 29, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

39 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Myers had a great game, scored a couple and made a lot of nice plays to get out of our zone.  

Fantenberg was a good physical presence on the back end.  

Forwards were all right and Demko was awesome!  

Oh yeah, how about that coach Green, not too shabby?  Maybe it's good that we didn't fire him 6 games ago ;) 

Is @xereau still trolling with the fire green bandwagon?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Qwags said:

The best take from Cassie Campbell was when she mentioned the "AHL-quality" reffing and how the game missed the more veteran refs. 

Problem being, the ref she named was TIM &^@#ING PEEL. That's some galaxy brain level nonsense. I missed Cheech and Shorty.

Well she was right about Peel. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, PuckFather said:

In other news, Virtanen has 12 goals this year and Bennett a healthy scratch.....

In other news, Vancouver is 12th over all after having gone through November and playing the league's best and banged up but managed .500 hockey, oh wait, aren't we supposed to be near last place too?  Oh and cough cough "JT Miller" cough cough, for a average goalie and a "conditional' first was larceny, absolutely robbery... Lmao! 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

We have the third best goal differential in the West at +13.

Are we that good?

Or is the West that bad?

Canucks have beaten the best in the East, Penguins and Capitals,...haven't played the Bruins yet...but it should be a good game because the Canucks are that BAD.

• Haha 3

That's what I'm talking about, great game by the Canucks. The only weak part they had was during the second, but Calgary was doing a stellar job of missing the net on their best scoring chances. Was really happy with the 3rd, and getting that insurance goal is just so huge. Just getting that 1 goal kills whatever momentum Calgary may have had from that late 2nd period goal. Don't care too much about the last Calgary goal, just a bit unfortunate Demko got turned the complete wrong way and had no chance. Also, we got to hand out an empty goal.

Hadn't actually realized just how much of a tear Pearson has been on. 21 points in 22 games? Wow! It's been really nice getting secondary scoring from him and Jake, it's been a big reason why we're now catching and passing teams in the playoff race. Hope these guys can keep this up, it's been so nice seeing the second power play unit actually be effective!

Happy to see Myers have a big game. For the most part, I've liked what I've seen from him this season, but people narrow in on those times when he messes up, and next thing you know he's being trashed. It kind of reminds me of how Edler was treated in past years when he'd make similar kinds of screw ups some games. I like what Myers brings to the team, even when he isn't scoring a ton, and seeing him get some big goals tonight is just a wonderful bonus to see. 

5 game win streak for the first time in ages, what a great way to say goodbye to the 2010s! Here's hoping we start the 2020s in the same way!

• Upvote 3