The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 27, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

36 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I do think Stawns had his doubts about Boeser for awhile. Otherwise I agree, feels like Boeser has become an unjust whipping boy to some.

I'm with you, I think he's a pillar of what we're building. Only his 3rd year after dealing with injuries troubles the first 2. I think his confidence isn't quite where it was as a rookie, but he's got character & he's a guy you can win with. He's still young. 

Benning has said on numerous occasions that Boeser is apart of the core going forward

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

what are you implying? one scoring line i never said. 

i get it gaudette is BAD at faceoffs,and we are stacked at C. but hockey isnt won at the faceoff dot or miller would be a ten million dollar player. we NEED two shudown lines and weakening our shutdown line and weakening our scoring line to just win some dots is not the way to go.

We need two shut down line and hopefully two scoring lines. 

Hockey isn't won on the face off dot, but with the puck you don't get scored on neither, which I suppose is the primary plan of the shut down line.

By putting Boeser on to the second line you hopefully get two scoring lines. 

At the moment Boeser looks wasted on the third line, however Virtanen has been doing really good on the first line and added a different dimension.

It may not even work out well with Brock on the second in stead of LE, but it could be worth trying.

3rd and 4th line as shut down line... Gaudette has been wonderful, but in this early part of his career, he would be well off being supported by somebody, who is strong on the dot, and strong defensively. 

Regarding Miller... If his number were, as they are now/going to be at the end of this season, there is no way he is only $5m/season.... I'm not saying $10M but he is worth far more than $5M atm... In particular to this club as a mentor for a few of our players. His been nothing short of a revelation,

9 hours ago, Alflives said:

Hearing on TSN 1040 the Canucks could trade Bess for Dumbo.  That would help out Huggy Bear, wouldn’t it?  

I think the Wild would have to add though, and so does the NHL executive the TSN guys are quoting.  

Huh?

Are you pissing around with us Alf?  Did you actually hear this?

• Cheers 2

Just now, spook007 said:

We need two shut down line and hopefully two scoring lines. 

Hockey isn't won on the face off dot, but with the puck you don't get scored on neither, which I suppose is the primary plan of the shut down line.

By putting Boeser on to the second line you hopefully get two scoring lines. 

At the moment Boeser looks wasted on the third line, however Virtanen has been doing really good on the first line and added a different dimension.

It may not even work out well with Brock on the second in stead of LE, but it could be worth trying.

3rd and 4th line as shut down line... Gaudette has been wonderful, but in this early part of his career, he would be well off being supported by somebody, who is strong on the dot, and strong defensively. 

Regarding Miller... If his number were, as they are now/going to be at the end of this season, there is no way he is only $5m/season.... I'm not saying $10M but he is worth far more than $5M atm... In particular to this club as a mentor for a few of our players. His been nothing short of a revelation,

Bess will be with Bo and Pearson when Furley comes back.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

Huh?

Are you pissing around with us Alf?  Did you actually hear this?

Yup.  The morning guys were discussing this.  They said the trade idea was floated by an NHL exec (not on either team) and he said the Canucks would say no to this trade, because Bess has more value than Dumba

• Like 1

Just now, Ossi Vaananen said:

It's just some caller mucking around. My dad hit me up with a similar text on the 'potential trade'. Sillyness

Wasn’t a caller.  It was the hosts who brought it up.  They even supported their idea with comments from an NHL exec.  

Interesting idea about a Boeser for Dumba trade. Both are young and very good at their positions.

The Canucks already have a high paid right D in Myers (I personally had hoped he would be a bit better but he has been ok - just what Jets fans said he was).  We also have Tanev whom I want to keep because he is so solid defensively and with Hughes. We could move Stecher but Tryamkin could come back. If we got Dumba too that is simply too much tied up to right D.

If the Canucks traded Boeser for Dumba I would want more. Minny would have to take a cap dump and give us a mid round pick.

Something like

To Minny:

Boeser

Stecher

Schaller

for

Dumba

3rd rounder

Still not  sure I would do it. But that would improve our D for sure while weakening our young scoring forwards.  Minny would barely even be able to handle that cap we ship them but they could waive schaller.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Trade Brock at 2020 draft after the playoffs and we can see if he's worth keeping or not....

wild might have a high pick ...be a great PR move fr the wild lol....:bigblush:

Would take more than a minny 2020 first rounder for Brock if u ask me. 

I'm not even listening if there isn't 2 1sts involved + another kicker 

Young stud sniper, has a lot going on in his world right now. He will be among the nhls elite for a long time 

2 minutes ago, apollo said:

Would take more than a minny 2020 first rounder for Brock if u ask me. 

I'm not even listening if there isn't 2 1sts involved + another kicker 

Young stud sniper, has a lot going on in his world right now. He will be among the nhls elite for a long time 

Yea I agree on the first not being enough , i just meant might be worth looking at the wilds first if it's a high one and Jim wanted another first. 

Boeser - 4th in points, 4th in goals, 9 points behind Pettersson, 5 points behind Miller who has been hot all year.

Pettersson has 6 more PP points

Miller has 3 more PP points

Boeser is 1 goal behind Horvat

3 goals behind Miller

5 goals behind Pettersson

all three of those players have 7 PPG, which is 2 more than Boeser.

Seeing how Boeser is almost a PPG player and is “STRUGGLING” even though his even strength numbers are almost the same as everyone else above him. WHY WOULD YOU TRADE HIM IF HES STRUGGLING WITH THOSE STATS?!!?! Hes going to get on a roll eventually and start filling the net. Especially with the contract he is on. Its cheap and team friendly. Especially considering we retain his RFA status at the end.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, knucklehead91 said:

Boeser - 4th in points, 4th in goals, 9 points behind Pettersson, 5 points behind Miller who has been hot all year.

Pettersson has 6 more PP points

Miller has 3 more PP points

Boeser is 1 goal behind Horvat

3 goals behind Miller

5 goals behind Pettersson

all three of those players have 7 PPG, which is 2 more than Boeser.

Seeing how Boeser is almost a PPG player and is “STRUGGLING” even though his even strength numbers are almost the same as everyone else above him. WHY WOULD YOU TRADE HIM IF HES STRUGGLING WITH THOSE STATS?!!?! Hes going to get on a roll eventually and start filling the net. Especially with the contract he is on. Its cheap and team friendly. Especially considering we retain his RFA status at the end.

JB only trades Bess if he believes Bess is not part of our young core.  Plus, the return would have to be a Seth Jones level D man of similar age.  Hence the Paryako suggestion. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Interesting idea about a Boeser for Dumba trade. Both are young and very good at their positions.

The Canucks already have a high paid right D in Myers (I personally had hoped he would be a bit better but he has been ok - just what Jets fans said he was).  We also have Tanev whom I want to keep because he is so solid defensively and with Hughes. We could move Stecher but Tryamkin could come back. If we got Dumba too that is simply too much tied up to right D.

If the Canucks traded Boeser for Dumba I would want more. Minny would have to take a cap dump and give us a mid round pick.

Something like

To Minny:

Boeser

Stecher

Schaller

for

Dumba

3rd rounder

Still not  sure I would do it. But that would improve our D for sure while weakening our young scoring forwards.  Minny would barely even be able to handle that cap we ship them but they could waive schaller.

We have alot of prospects coming through the pipeline right now. I wouldn't be against it.

• Cheers 1

young man far from home, in another country, no at able to go home all the time, father is sick and good die this year or next, or whenever, 

- that would impact anyone and the kid is still having an awesome year on a top line, facing top d pairs and shutdown forward lines night after night.

Yes he is not unleashing rockets like his rookie year when ppl gave him tons of space and he was "lucky" but all players have down years

perfect example: Ovie - one year he scores 65 goals in the year then 2 years later he only scores 32 goals in a year- holy crappers he regressed to half his goal total, that is still pretty awesome, but the point is performance is rarely absolutely consistent

give the kid a break, I bet some nights he rather be watching hockey with his dad, totally normal. He's human after all

also- no to Dumba. We need a big rugged shut down top pairing d man. We have Hughes as our main puck mover right now.

soon we will drop louie and we can try Boess with Bo again... after all Boess broke into the league with Bo as his centre and they had chemistry too.

• Upvote 1