The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Red Wings trade Andreas Athanasiou, Ryan Kuffner to Oilers for Sam Gagner, 2020-2nd round pick, 2021 2nd-round pick

4 minutes ago, Quantum said:

He seems like he’s HockeyBuzz 2.0 — calling a few things right but also has a lot of stuff wrong. Seems like pure speculation on his end right now with every tweet hahaha.

He's a hell of a lot funnier than that chucklehead Eklund.

• Haha 1

I worry a potential 1st round or 2nd round match up against the Oilers now. At the start of the season, I wasn't worried at all about the Oilers as they were literally a 2 player team. Now, with the emergence of Yamamoto, acquisition of AA and RNH having a solid year, they now have 2 solid lines for their top 6. It will be a tough match up for the Canucks if we meet them in the playoffs. 

37 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

I worry a potential 1st round or 2nd round match up against the Oilers now. At the start of the season, I wasn't worried at all about the Oilers as they were literally a 2 player team. Now, with the emergence of Yamamoto, acquisition of AA and RNH having a solid year, they now have 2 solid lines for their top 6. It will be a tough match up for the Canucks if we meet them in the playoffs. 

Any matchup in the playoffs is going to be tough. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

They still have garbage defence and goaltending.

I'm confident Canucks could take them in a series... would have to play that top line pretty tight though, they have a lot of offensive threats 

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, tas said:

the players on the team just might be part of the reason for that though, right?

8 minutes ago, Violator said:

All of the players.

This is definitely a team thing. Athanasiou is a good player and hasn't been this bad before, he's just the sucker that plays all the time on this horrid team.

2 hours ago, Davathor said:

Because Edmonton is so much better?

The comment was obviously about playing for Torts. Him going to Edmonton, as an RFA, gives him the opportunity to up his value in negotiations. High likelihood of increasing his point totals there than under Torts.