• M. Ohlund
    • K. McLean
    • S. Smyl
    • T. Bertuzzi
    • T. Gradin
    • A. Edler

This poll is closed to new votes

13 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Lou was the highest paid player in the world that year.

Wasn't even the best goalie in that series.

I'd say its fair Linden left more on the ice at the SCF in a losing cause. 

I don't see how his salary affects anything.

Thomas was the better goalie that series, but Luongo had great games as well. My point being that he was capable of clutch performances.

Obviously a shutout in game 7 would've been nice, but no Canuck has been able to lead this team all the way. Debatable who played harder between he and Linden in their respective finals.

At the end of the day, there's an argument to be made between Luongo, Linden, and Bure (and possibly others) being the 3rd best Canuck.

The tie breaker for me is who I'd prefer to build a franchise around, and that would be Lu.

42 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

Not to be a Debbie downer here, but I fear guys from the 80s are probably going to be overlooked, guys like Tony Tanti and Petri Skriko are easily top 20-30 players IMO but most people on here never even saw those two play.

I was thinking the same thing. I nominate Kurtenbach, he was a little before my time but he's in the ring of honour and was well respected around the league. Pat Quinn said he was one of the toughest players in the league and he was the first captain. i Voted Bure for #3.

Edited by Timbermen

53 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

Not to be a Debbie downer here, but I fear guys from the 80s are probably going to be overlooked, guys like Tony Tanti and Petri Skriko are easily top 20-30 players IMO but most people on here never even saw those two play.

I definitely have the same fear. I don't think most of those guys should be going any time super soon, but I do worry that when we get past the greatest few, our 70s and 80s boys will be forgotten. Hopefully there are enough voters to give them a chance!

6 minutes ago, Moose Nuckle said:

Luongo is 1, 2 and 3 in my books. All you haters can suck a prairie oyster. 

Damn millineal falcons, the Canucks are a 50 year old franchise. Alot of players over the years, three cup runs and Luongo only cost us one of them.

56 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

I'll be surprised if Tanti doesn't make top 20 tbh 

4 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

Damn millineal falcons, the Canucks are a 50 year old franchise. Alot of players over the years, three cup runs and Luongo only cost us one of them.

Luongo is the best player the Canucks have ever had. You're salty and it's ok cuz Luongo is peppering you. 

Voted for Naslund, because I think he's underrated as one of the best Canucks. Scored 48 goals in the Dead Puck Era.

Kudos to those voting Luongo. If I did it again, I'd vote for him too.

Nominate Kesler. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1